“Relaxed, Professional and friendly!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Jah Shaka Surf and Kite Lodge to your Saves list
Jah Shaka Surf and Kite Lodge
Estrada Da Luz-Burgau, Montinhos Da Luz, Lagos 8600-681, Portugal   |
Ranked #5 of 83 Specialty Lodging in Lagos
“Relaxed, Professional and friendly!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Jah Shaka Surf School was the most welcoming place i have have been to, and i wasn't even staying there!!
the team were amazing and accommodating and nothing was too much trouble.
i visited in July with my son(16), and being a little too old for dormitory accommodating (private rooms are available) we opted to stay in a local b&b.
We arrived in the morning where we could help ourselves to coffee! which was needed following some great evenings out with the team.
The surf instructors were great, with patience for all surfing abilities and even cool to be around.. yes, you Charlie! (although i never thought that i would say that about a Norwich fan!)
with great facilities to keep you entertained, the atmosphere around the house enabled lots of interaction with the other guests, where we met some great people from all over the world.
Finally, all of this was driven by Neil (a part time model) and his passion to want to ensure that we all had a great time!
'Thank you all for a great holiday'
would definitely visit again !

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Jab Shaka is one of the few places in the world that I will definitely return to!

Neil and his team really took care of us and we loved the friendly, relaxed and fun atmosphere. Other highlights were the delicious food, the pool (which was perfect for cooling off on a sunny day) and the great instructors who have inspired us to take up kite surfing.

My boyfriend and I usually have different priorities when we go on holiday but we were able to find the perfect balance of activity, socialising and relaxation and both agreed it was the best holiday we've ever had - thanks Jah Shaka!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
newport uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I travelled to Jah Shaka alone for a short surf break, The staff here can't do enough to make you feel as relaxed as possible and get exactly what you want from your stay, if you want to chill alone, or join them and others for a drink or a meal, if you want to borrow a skateboard or a bike and skate into town, if you want to borrow a surf board and head off at 5.30 in the morning for an early session nothing is too much trouble. The staff always invite you along to anything their doing. It feels more like a bunch of people staying at a friends house. One of the results of this, is all the people staying here seemed to mix with total ease. I made some great friends here and highly recommend jah shaka to anyone.
I stayed in the dorm room which was cool , however there was an accidental double booking for my last night so they gave me a few options and i ended up having my own double room in a very nice bed and breakfast 100 metres down the road for no cost on my behalf.
As for the surfing, I went from being someone who was catching green waves out the back but mostly surfing down the face of the wave onto the flats and losing momentum. To catching more and bigger green waves and riding the face of them right across.Then starting to snake up and down the face and even looking at trying to make my first cut back attempts within a week. The instructors are excellent at what they do and explain to you where you are going wrong so well and clearly that it makes it much easier to follow exactly what they mean. I will definitely be hoping for a revisit to take my surfing up another notch.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Great location, staff and food. Jah Shaka is the summer holiday destination I always dreamed of but hadn't found until now!!!! Definitely will return.

Neil and the staff really looked after us from the moment we arrived, the villa has an easy going and friendly vibe about it.

If you want to take part in any activities there is a packed daily schedule from yoga to kite surfing but no pressure to participate if you just want to hang by the pool or do your own thing.

The one activity I suggest you definitely take part in is one of the BBQ's that they put on during the week, it's an ideal way to meet the other guests and the food is second to none.

My girlfriend doesn't need to ask me where I want to take my holidays next year.... Thanks Jah Shaka for an awesome time!!!

• Stayed September 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Had an awesome time at the villa. Made to feel welcome from the start, owner Neil gave me the tour and made some introductions. Surf instructors all cool dudes (it's surfing lingo) and patient enough to get me standing, for the most part on a surf board. Everyone at the villa very keen to make sure you have a good time and also helpful with recommendations for things to do. The frequent bbqs also mean you'll meet lots of people from around the world, although you might wanna go easy on the sangria.....

Room Tip: I slept in the 5 bunk dorm, so could get a bit snorey on some nights. Take ear-plugs! It's also...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

This place is amazing- The staff is great- Neil takes the time to introduce you and give you a tour- The instructors- Bra and Charlie-are extremely good at what hey do- they were able to have me surfing in three days on those killer waves- Barbeque Tuesdays was loads of fun- meeting people from all over the world and having a blast drinking Sangria. Even Aj the dog was cool. If you wish for a fun busy place don't hesitate- Thanks guys for an amazing experience I will never forget.

Room Tip: I would recomend the private rooms, however I stayed in the dorm and it was great as well
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

we stayed 1 week for kite surfing with Neil and Simon which was quite a lot of fun. The house is clean and has a pool, volleyball etc, great!! everybody is so nice and kind. We will come back and are already looking forward. Best, Julian & Christine

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Jah Shaka Surf and Kite Lodge? Share your experiences!