“Really good and great value for money” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 26 attractions in Lagos
Type: Horseback Riding Stables
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: We offer inexpensive, comfortable farm stays holidays with unlimited riding and carriage driving. We also arrange horseback day or half day adventure trails suitable for all ages and fitness with covered wagons, gypsy carts and modern, well-sprung coaches. We are only 10 minutes from some of Europe’s best surf beaches and close to the historic harbour of Lagos, a cosmopolitan tourist centre.
“Really good and great value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Really enjoyed our recent experience with horses in the sun. Got a real experience as you don't just jump on a horse and get going, u get time to help prepare the horses. Do some warming up and then you set off for your journey. The team made it very relaxing and really a fun few hours. Well worth checking out if you're in the area

Visited May 2013

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Great Day out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I went while visiting family as my wife and youngest (15 year old) daughter reallywanted to go riding.
Before this day I had ridden two horses and could not be described as a good rider. Motorbikes, yes. Cars, no worries. Horses . . .
I should not have worried. The horse I rode seemed to know I was utterly useless and looked after me very well. The cart ride after was also great fun and that I would recommend to anybody that was uncertain about horses.
The meal we had at the end of the day was brilliant and if I can save up enough to spend another day like this there I have every intention of doing so.
The family are great hosts and make you feel like you belong from the moment you arrive.
I cannot recommend this day out highly enough.

Visited December 2012
Ferragudo, Faro, Portugal
“beautiful ride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

It was a beautiful ride a great experience. It was the most beautiful thing i ever see, walk in the beach, see the sunrise, i never forget that day. I recommend it. a big thank you to the people

Visited August 2012
London, United Kingdom
“horses in the sun- mental but a shed load of fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

thank the big guy in the sky, that health and safety haven't reached out and ruined this gem of a kooky attraction. 4 ladies on a hollibobs mainly about food and wine, decided to pretend they were expert horse women for the day. Turns out that having the combined equine experience of watching seabiscuit once, and betting on the grand national does not make you capable of trotting; much less a challenging Hack on rocky inclines shrouded in surprisingly painful, thorny vegitation!
That said, from the moment Manny collected us in his fiat, and all 4 of us girls broke the laws of physics by stuffing ourselves into the motor, we realised we were in for a memorable experience (it did occur to us at the time that it was a bit similar to the start of a casualty episode though)
We arrived at the lodge-which is stunning and we're promptly met by a small dog with a pink mohawk. I [--] you not, the dogs hair was dyed pink. Again a sure sign of this less than conventional, but oh so fun place.
We met milton, and 2 other ladies who were staying at the lodge, put on our riding helmets and in a manoeuvre I can only really describe as lacking grace and co-ordination, we got on the horses.
That was the start of a half day hack, through some truly beautiful scenery. much hilarity ensued, mainly from watching my mates and I struggle to stay on and control the horseys. If there was a bush with nasty thorns, we got tangled in it, if there was a steep incline, we slid down it, if there was a puddle, we splashed through it. My horse got bored, and spontaneously trotted off ( i know it doesnt sound like a high octane thriller starring a pants but hot actor) but honestly, It was terrifying. Trotting at low speed towards a cliff while trying desperately trying to remember the calming woooo in an unconvincing Portuguese accent to avert certain death really got the ticker going.
Not for the faint hearted, but my word it was a lot fun. And that was all before lunch.
Having finished the ride we went up to the farm house, had an amazing meal with the family and further laughs were guaranteed. the passion fruit pana cotta was a well deserved trophy and tasted of victory. The best victory ever, going out of our comfort zone, trying something exciting and a bit mental and not getting seriously injured and/or dead.
I thoroughly recommend horses in the sun to all holiday goers, even if the riding isn't for you, spend time with the family, eat the food and enjoy the scenery. It really was a highlight of our time in Portugal.

Visited September 2012
Lagos, Portugal
“wonderful fun in the sun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Found this sublime farm by chance took my children and their stroppy friends as something to do,away from the usual beach day out.They loved it playing with the horses,generally mucking in with the wonderful Fry family where nothing was too much trouble,peace was restored and we returned home in harmony.Thanks David and Fran....we will return!!

Visited August 2012