“So-so Italian close to Lidl and Pingo Doce” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 294 Restaurants in Lagos
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Outdoor seating
London, United Kingdom
“So-so Italian close to Lidl and Pingo Doce”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

We went along for lunch on the recommendation of someone in our building who lives here.

We were told by the waiter that the grill was not working so we could only have lasagna or pizza. So we ordered lasagna and pizza. They were both OK, but not great.

We are prepared to give them a second chance when the kitchen is working again.

The desserts were excellent, the staff charming, and the place was packed - so clearly this was not their best day!

Visited January 2014

Lagos, Portugal
“Joke”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

In Lagos for three days advised to go to borsalinis Italian :-( . I walked in at lunch time only two other guests and I fealt like an alien the chap behind the bar looked at me in shock . No greeting or take a table sir . I sat around from the bar menu arrived straight away . Then I waited waited and waited while the Portuguese couple had all the service . Eventually I ordered my house wine and peppered steak . No customer service skills at all . I should have left but I was advised food was excellent . So I stayed . After all it is the food we go to restauraunts for . My steak came in about 15 minutes . Medium rare was practically well done it was tough and the sauce tasteless over cooked veg but the chips were good and house wine except able . I wasn't offered desserts or coffee . And left without leaving a tip at the shock to the waiter and I presume the owner . I did get a grunt good bye when I left . All in all a waste of a lovely December lunch time .

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Ireland
“Best Italian Restaurant in Lagos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We have been going to Lagos for the past number of years & had heard about this Italian Restaurant but could never find it so this time we made it a mission & found it... We were so glad we did , the Welcome that you get when you arrive is like your a V.I.P, nothing is any trouble. The staff are very friendly & the food is excellent...... we went three times while we were in Lagos...if you are in Lagos its a restaurant you have to go to we cant wait to go back .It is very good value for money .We would highly recommended, its not in the tourist area but well worth a visit.
The Downey Family Ireland.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Stockport
“Brilliant Borsalino”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

We visited Borsalino's on two occasions this week! First time we had the marvellous pizzas, mine was from the make it yourself menu, the second time I had an amazing sirloin steak and my wife had a pasta meal. On both visits the food was excellent but most of all the hospitality and the friendly welcome was lovely. This is a family run restaurant and the owner was really hospitable. Borsalino's is off the beaten track, away from the tourist restaurants in Lagos town centre but well worth the trip. Highly recommended, a super night out.

Visited October 2013
Tyne and Wear
“Great Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

So glad we eventually found this little gem,the food was gorgeous and the staff were very friendly.We loved it so much(group of 11) that we booked for the next night to celebrate my daughters eleventh birthday.She went in a huff because they made a fuss over her!!!! LOL.We had been in Lagos the previous year but did,nt get round to finding this place but when we next return we will definatley eat here again.

• Visited August 2013