“I want to live here” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“I want to live here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Booked it late through surf holidays.com, turned up at the casa at nearly 1 in the morning and was welcomed by the owner sebastian like I was a long lost mate. The whole team were all really really that friendly and went well and truly above and beyond what was necessary to make me feel welcomed (even making me my own special gluten free cheesecakes once someone let out my secret).

The house/apartments itself was really well presented, really clean and spacious with a nice pool and hot tube outside. The surf lessons were brilliant too. I had the luxury of begin taught by Seb, Marcel and Rick who were all really funny. Seb got me standing, Marcel had my laughing when I wiped out and Rick gave me a good talking too (less talking more action) when I began to favour sitting at the back of the waves chatting as opposed to actually surfing. At the end of the week, thanks to all of them, I was surfing green waves.

Couldn't rate this place higher and I would go back in a heart beat.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Loved, loved, loved the Casa! It was my first solo trip in a long time and it could have not been a better spot to stay at. Seb and Michaela clearly put their heart into making this place a real casa. Always nice people arund the house and the common BBQs and pizza nights are superb way to get everyone together. Met some amazing people during my stay, we are already visiting each other and making travel plans for this year!
I was doing a week of surf lessons and found the instructors to be patient and great fun to have around. Casa is also just a short walk from downtown, so amazing food and good drinks just minutes away. Big love to all - Seb, Michaela, Denise, and the surf guys Kieran, Marcel and Rik. Can't wait to go back!

Hamilton, NZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Everything about Casa Offshore and Extreme Algarve was well thought out. The accommodation in the house was like a friendly B&B, breakfast was great bonus, and the BBQ and Pizza nights a treat. Friendly atmosphere and like minded guests made it a wonderful stay. I even cancelled a prepaid trip to Lisbon to stay on for a few more days as I did not want to leave. The surf coaching was professional and fun, with coaches who join you in the water and even guide you out the back, something none of the other surf schools were doing. The kite location too was great. Overall, highly recommended for a laid-back holiday with hosts who really seem to care about their guests.

Room Tip: definitely stay in the main house if you can
Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Loved this place, friendly welcoming people, met a great group, the instructors were patient and gave fantastic advice in addition to being good fun to be around (Rick the headmaster, Marcel hollerin' and wooping from the beach, and Kieran the jelly baby jumping off the rocks)

Lovely clean place to stay, great BBQ and pizza night, and best of all a leisurely lunch and nap on the beach at midday before a hard afternoons surf

Highly recommended,
Sarah, Helen & Kate

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Loved my time at the casa. Great people really good location bars places to eat all around! Rooms were perfect.
Surf instructors were really really good. Helpful, friendly and were great with the group!

Hot tube is amazing :)
Can not wait to go back again

Anna

• Stayed April 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

What a trip! Got home 2am yesterday and am already looking at flights for Extreme Algarve Round 2! Having never surfed before, I've now well and truly caught the bug and I can't wait to go again!

The whole experience was great and one I will not forget in a very long time. The minute we arrived, we were welcomed by the lovely Denise- one of the smiliest people I've ever met! And we went on to meet many more awesome people as the week progressed- one of the best surprises was how lovely all the other guests were, and it worked really well having people arrive and depart at different times throughout the week- allowing the newbies to get sucked into the family and shown all the best places to hang out in town by guests who'd been there a little while longer. Whether travelling alone, or in a group, the set up works really well as everyone tended to hang out together. We had an awesome group of guests from all over the world and of different ages and enjoyed beers, dinners, and even a movie night together- some of us are even planning on returning together!

Casa Offshore provided an awesome base for the week - kept spotlessly clean and full of beautiful artwork and quirky surfing paraphernalia- we chose to spend the majority of our free time chilling there. Some of the best bits included beers in the hot tub after surfing all day, cuddles with Lani and Frodo - the most chilled (and gorgeous) pooches in town, hanging by the pool on days off (sometimes nursing sore heads from the night before...!) and enjoying an absolute FEAST at the Monday night BBQ - (next time we'll have to try to get two Mondays in!) Michaela if you're reading this- please could you let me know how to make the salad with the mint and strawbs?! It was DELISH!

The owners Sebastian and Michaela totally ROCK- and you guys definitely played a big part in making our holiday one to remember! Thank you x x

Finally the surf instructors - these guys were absolutely AWESOME and all brought something different to the table- thank you Kieran for your patience and encouragement (repeating the demos on the beach as many times as we asked and putting up with our (sometimes) raucous behaviour!) Rick for his watchful eye and great pointers - allowing us to improve tremendously (and for the deadpan jokes in the van), Marcel for whooping and cheering from the beach when we nailed it, and Seb- absolutely loved the day you came out with us- your constant enthusiasm is infectious (and the bigger board made all the difference :-) ) thanks bro.

I seriously can't recommend Casa Offshore enough - a truly beautiful place run by a team of some of the happiest people I've ever seen!

Can't wait to see you all again!

Lots of love from Kate X

• Stayed May 2013
Sebastian W, Owner at Casa Offshore Surf, Kitesurf & SUP Lodge, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Katie you crazy gal

You girls were awesome to have around, think we need to hire you just to keep the good times flowingX
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Stayed here for eight days with four other girls! We did 5 days of surf lessons and all of us were standing up by the end of the week. I have also honed my face planting skills to a T now!!!

The place itself was lovely, Seb and Michaela made it feel like we were the most welcome guests in the world. Frodo and Lani are so lovely too (a pair of Portuguese waterdogs). We were all battered and bruised by the end of the holiday but so sad to leave.

The instructors were all great too, very patient and put up with all my strops each time I didn't quite stand up. They were all super cool too!! Im not sure if Kieran will make a full recovery from having all five of us terrorising him, but it was lots of fun!

Dont go to any restaurants in Lagos unless they are on the Casa Offshore map, or unless Seb says its a good one. We made this mistake, but Seb booked us into an AMAZING restaurant which made up for it.

This holiday was amazing!! the night life in Lagos is fun too, the Jam is alot of fun and there are a couple of clubs which left some of us getting in after 5am.. oops.

The only downside is that Seb and Michaela wouldn't adopt us! ha ha ha.

Thank you Casa Ofshore for an amazing holiday, definitely considering heading back again later this year!

Alex

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Casa Offshore Surf, Kitesurf & SUP Lodge? Share your experiences!