“Tracie & Wayne in Lagos” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 294 Restaurants in Lagos
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“Tracie & Wayne in Lagos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

My Partner and I were in this lovely restaurant this week. The food was amazing. The staff very friendly. My Partner loves hes steaks... so he had 2 of them...even tho they were huge.
If I ever visit Lagos again... I shall be visiting this restaurant again. Absolutely delicious food.

Dublin, Ireland
“Amazing food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

We spent a week in Lagos and we went to have dinner 3 times at A Forja. The food is absolutely amazing. Robalo grelhado is gorgeous. Prices are excellent!

Stirling, Scotland
“Excellent traditional Portuguese restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We only tried this restaurant on a last night in Lagos - regret we didn't hear about it earlier.

We had heard it got very busy so we turned up at 6.35pm and got a table. By 7.15pm it was packed.

I ordered tuna steak and my husband ordered sea bass. I could see the kitchen staff come to get a large tuna from the chiller and take it to the kitchen to cut off a slice. The tuna was absolutely delicious - so fresh. It came with potatoes and salad. My husband also enjoyed his sea bass, although it it did have a lot of bones.

The couple at the next table ordered salmon and lamb chops - also looked very nice and large portions, too.

We ordered a half litre of house white wine for 2 euros 50 - what a bargain! Red and rose were also available.

The desserts were also lovely - we ordered from the "home-made" menu - I had an orange cake and my husband had something that was "typically Algarve" and tasted a bit like gingerbread.

We were lumbered with the excessive "couvert" at the start - bread, butter, a whole cheese and sardine paste - I wasn't quick enough or brave enough to refuse it. I was really getting tired of this by the end of a week of eating in restaurants - but this restaurant wasn't the only one to be pushing it to boost their takings.

The waiting staff were polite and efficient but too busy to be chatty.

If we come back to Lagos we will definitely be making a few return visits here.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Montreal, Canada
“Bad service, but great food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

This brightly lit and noisy restaurant offers great food at reasonable prices. It's shared tables create a very social vibe, with strangers engaging in conversations all around.

The food was very good and portions big. The cover (bread and olives), 2 soups, a whole grilled fish plate, a lamb chop plate, a half-litre of house wine and two homemade desserts cost 31€. A very good value.

They offer both 'store bought' and homemade desserts, stick with the homemade.

My only issue with this place is that service was unbearably slow, and when the waitress would finally honour us with her presence, she was unpleasant and impatient.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Hidden Lagos Gem...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Just up a small hilly lane from the main square in Lagos (where there is a strange statue of a kind of Spaceman), you will find this little Portuguese Restaurant with it's outside blue awning. Please try to find it - you won't be disappointed! The first time we encountered this restaurant, I asked for the Veal Cutlet - which turned out to be the biggest, widest, thickest chop I have ever seen and attempted to eat in my life. Portions are generous. Prices are very, very reasonable. A delightfully fresh and fizzy Vinho Verdo Rose on tap can be ordered by the Carafe at just €2.50 for a half Litre. The restaurant was very busy and was turning away customers by mid evening. What a find and we cannot wait to return!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere