“Shame about the previous review but Italia is not all about pizza and pasta you can go to pizza hut for that” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pizzeria Italia

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Went to Italia during the past week and my two sons who are both 6´had the best steak they had ever had in Portugal, cooked to perfection of their grill, I had the rack of lamb , to die for the food was served with great panache as always with a freindly smile,and a willingness , nothing too much trouble, the couvert is excellent with the pizza base, served with the garlic butter and the cream cheese with the italian pickled onions and the pickled peppers and olives and tomatoe and onion brushetta, how any one can say the ingredients used are not of top quality is beyond me, we finished out meal with a true italian parmesan wheel being brought to the table for us to dig in to, all in all superb food, but people should not always blame the restuarant for choices that they make that they don't like!!!!As ever superb food and wine.And either reasonable or expensive whichever you want to make it. Carry on doing things exactly as you do PLEASE.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Lisbon, Portugal
“To avoid at all cost”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

The service was good and interested. But the main thing, the food, is horrible. They could be selling cars or whatever because the main thing here is to make the most money possible using the cheapest ingredients they can find. They manage to make a pizza tasteless and a pasta as worse. And not cheap! To avoid at all cost.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Northumberland National Park, United Kingdom
“Nice surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Lots of choice, good service, nice atmosphere. Really nice couvert and long list of pizzas. Mixture of tourists and locals visiting, always a good sign.

Visited November 2012
coventry
“Meal Of The Week”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Truthfully I wasn't expecting much from this restaurant simply because it looks like a tourist trap, and it's located right in the centre of town, but my 'Other Half' wanted Italian, so that's what we had.Inside it's larger than one might have thought, but is pleasantly decorated and feels comfy. There are quite a lot of waiting staff, and they all seemed friendly and personable, and were all very attentive without being intrusive.

We shared a spinach and ricotta ravioli main course as a starter, and it was just fabulous. Beautifully cooked, full of flavour and in a creamy spinach sauce, yum!

My wife had the lasagne which she loved: firm on the plate without being dry; lovely filling and with a very good sauce.

Because I felt like I hadn't sampled enough fish on this holiday, I allowed myself to be talked into a quite ridiculously expensive catch of the day, but boy was it good.Obviously it was filleted and pan-fried, and then it was served in a tomato/caper/who knows what sauce that was truly exquisite. As part of the dish came a creamy tomato and prawn linguine and together, well, superlatives are failing me so I going with perfection!

We finished by sharing a fantastic crème brulee, and were both very happy campers. Apart from my fish, everything else was reasonably priced, including our usual tipple of local wine, so I would be more than happy to return

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
North Yorkshire
“A nice change”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

This restaurant is a nice change to the Portuguese touristic restaurants in Lagos. My wife and I both had Parma ham and melon which was good.My wife had a pizza with garlic and peppers which she pronounced good and I had veal saltimbocca which was ok.

• Visited October 2012