“Meal Of The Week” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
coventry
“Meal Of The Week”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Truthfully I wasn't expecting much from this restaurant simply because it looks like a tourist trap, and it's located right in the centre of town, but my 'Other Half' wanted Italian, so that's what we had.Inside it's larger than one might have thought, but is pleasantly decorated and feels comfy. There are quite a lot of waiting staff, and they all seemed friendly and personable, and were all very attentive without being intrusive.

We shared a spinach and ricotta ravioli main course as a starter, and it was just fabulous. Beautifully cooked, full of flavour and in a creamy spinach sauce, yum!

My wife had the lasagne which she loved: firm on the plate without being dry; lovely filling and with a very good sauce.

Because I felt like I hadn't sampled enough fish on this holiday, I allowed myself to be talked into a quite ridiculously expensive catch of the day, but boy was it good.Obviously it was filleted and pan-fried, and then it was served in a tomato/caper/who knows what sauce that was truly exquisite. As part of the dish came a creamy tomato and prawn linguine and together, well, superlatives are failing me so I going with perfection!

We finished by sharing a fantastic crème brulee, and were both very happy campers. Apart from my fish, everything else was reasonably priced, including our usual tipple of local wine, so I would be more than happy to return

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

North Yorkshire
“A nice change”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

This restaurant is a nice change to the Portuguese touristic restaurants in Lagos. My wife and I both had Parma ham and melon which was good.My wife had a pizza with garlic and peppers which she pronounced good and I had veal saltimbocca which was ok.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rotherham, England, United Kingdom
“Yummmmmm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

staff were very friendly , the food was top notch, cheap enough , and very tasty food. would defiantly eat there again.best pizza i have had in a very long time !!

Visited October 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Solid Italian food, not a stand out”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

Writing this a week after eating the meal I had to think hard to remember what it was like

...so there you go - pleasant enough food (spagetti with king prawns, spinach pizza) and house wine, above average but fairly forgettable - particularly compared to some of the other restaurants in Lagos, away from the main tourist drag

Wouldn't rush back, but would be happy to eat there again if looking for a 'filler' meal in that part of town

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Newcastle Upon Tyne
“Unfriendly staff, slow service, average meal”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

Visited here for lunch during our stay, we were seated and when I asked for fanta lemon the waiter replied rather rudely and short "no only orange".

Service was very slow, for first drinks to come and when we ordered more they also took their time coming, even though the restaurant was practically empty, only about 5 tables were occupied.

Didn't order a starter we went straight for mains, which arrived at different times, nearly 5 mins apart, just put down infront of us no "enjoy your meal" My spag Bol was tasty enough but nothing special, ham and spinach pizza again average.

Waiters came over what seemed like an age after we finished, again took plates with no chat or asking if everything was ok. I can count on 1 hand the number of words spoken to us RUDE! Wouldn't recommend.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere