“Trip advisor found us a gem” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
devon
“Trip advisor found us a gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

We stay in the area for 2 months every year, but had never been to this restaurant before. I saw the Trip review, decided to give it a try - and loved it. You can sit in the restaurant, in a covered area, or as we did out in the open. All of this is together, so when the sun goes down and the candles are lit all around the eating area it is a visual feast! There are very few mosquitoes in the area, my wife can attract them from miles around, but she was fine, unbitten, after 3 hrs. The food was magnificent! My beef carpaccio starter was perfect, as was my wife's teriyaki chicken. For main I had rack of lamb, as good as you could get in the best restaurants in England, cooked pink, tender, moist, and tasty. My wife had perch, (a local delicacy, this is sea perch and generally very good), this was perfect, served with crab mashed potatoes. Both mains came with a good quantity of perfectly cooked veg. For desert we shared a chocolate desert that we just couldn't finish, always a good sign! With drinks and coffee the bill came to 80 euros, worth every cent.

Galway, Ireland
“Simply Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

How this Resturant is not number1 in Lagos or the Algarve for that matter I'll never know!!!!
I can only assume its because it's a 5 min taxi ride from town. The ambience, indoor / outdoor seating and the setting are fantastic but are for me a small part of he reason I would recommend this eatery. The food is absolutely delicious. Their ability to blend well known dishes with a Cachoa taste twist was so good we ate there four nights out of our two week holiday.
I cannot rate this restaurant highly enough and compared to a well known Michelin star restaurant in the town of Lagos, it blows it out of the water. Hope to get back next year. Keep up the good work.

Northwich, United Kingdom
“Fantastic restaurant some 3 miles from Lagos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

We arrived early Saturday afternoon in Porto de Mos and checked Tripadvisor for a good quality restaurant local to where we were staying - Cachoa was local and caught our eye. It's easy to find on the local road from Lagos to Sagres and 5 minutes for us by car - look for the large blue signs on the right hand side at the Same junction for Luz - Luz from Lagos is left - Cachoa is right and down a stoney side road.

The welcoming and food was excellent - the tuna carpaccio starter was the best ever and my rack of lamb was really succulent and a really large portion as was my wifes chicken callenoni followed by a shared chocolate pudding.

Reasonably priced at 60 Euro including drinks for such generous portions. Our kids fly out tomorrow and we have booked again for later this week.

We ate outside in excellent garden surroundings lit with lanterns but the interior looks just as inviting - really friendly staff and a great ambience.

No cards just cash - well worth a visit.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Ireland
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Do not miss this gem - on the road out of lagos towards Luz - look out for the blue sign on the right - well worth a visit

Visited August 2012
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent Fare”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

We have visited this restaurant several times over the past five years and brought alot of friends there. Everyone loves it. The location is in a rural setting and this helps create a lovely atmosphere especially if you sit outside. The food is excellent and consistent and the staff are attentive without being overbearing.
I think it is in the top three in the Lagos/Praia Da Luz area. Only drawback is they dont take credit cards.

• Visited July 2012