We booked a double room for the two of us. Upon arrival we were told we actually had a kingsize bed (albeit two singles pushed together - but bonus!).
We got a taxi (10 euros) from Faro airport and arrived around 3 hours too early for check-in but were allowed to leave our luggage at the hotel while we explored the city. We were given a map and highlighted points of interest and the best places to eat and drink - excellent service.
We explored for a while and then got back about 20 minutes too early for check-in so we sat in the lobby and watched the television in there to be told that our room was already ready for us!
Room is basic - clean and comfortable, with a television, full length mirror and a dressing table, plenty of hanging space for clothes. Perfect for a city break when you want a hotel just to sleep and shower in. Rooms aren't very soundproof but I only imagine it could be a problem if you are there during the day - didn't bother us at all. Toilet was a bit weird, we had to twist a little tap by the side of it to get it to work; other than that bathroom was functional and spacious with fresh towels and shower gel / shampoo. Again more than I expected from such a low-cost hotel!
Best points: LOCATION IS EXCELLENT - literally about a five-ten minute walk to anywhere you need to be. SERVICE - all staff were friendly and went above and beyond. VALUE.
Negatives: BREAKFAST was a bit disappointing - I booked through LastMinute and paid €5 each per day (I have since read a review where Lisa said that it is a complimentary breakfast so may have to have words with them???) - it consisted of bread, a few slices of cooked meat, brie, some cereal, tea, coffee and some watery juices. The coffee definitely made up for it...!
Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just minutes from the heart of the city, Best Western Hotel Dom Bernardo is a three star, family run property. We provide you with a very high level of personalized service, our hotel is your home away from home. Our 43 guestrooms have LCD TVs with +30 cable channels, complimentary WiFi, minibars, direct dial telephones, individual air-conditioning units, radio clock, private bathrooms with hair dryers, ample closet space, two pillows per bed and in-room safes. Let us help you experience the best that Faro has to offer with our professionally trained, bilingual staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and HostelBookers so you can book your BEST WESTERN Hotel Dom Bernardo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Dom Bernardo
- Best Western Faro
- Faro Best Western
- BEST WESTERN Hotel Dom Bernardo Faro, Portugal - Algarve