“Great steakhouse !” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Melbourne, Australia
“Great steakhouse !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

The steak was well cooked (to our specified requests), excellent quality, and served by an attentive waiter. Our waiter also recommended a fabulous reasonably priced local red wine to us. This restaurant is a really good find in a great location and is value for money.

Visited January 2013

Glasgow
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

As good a rib eye steak as I have had anywhere. My wife is vegetarian and the chef went out of his way with no fuss to make a fantastic meal for her too. Will definitely go back the next time we are in Faro. Price was great too.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nottingham
“Steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

As good a steak as we had in Argentina. I had it rare and my husband medium rare, both cooked to perfection. Good atmosphere and very friendly host. Service was excellent and the price was reasonable.

Visited December 2012
lfc in europe
“Better than sex”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

One year on and I was hoping to meet Tanya again to enjoy, once again, the best piece of Argentinian steak.
A shock, Tanya had sold up and the restaurant changed hands. I was disappointed, but had set my heart on it. I was expecting to be let down but thought 'what the hell. I'll give it a go'.
I showed the owner a photo of the steak I had a year earlier and told him that's what I wanted. No starters, no fries, just the steak and vegetables, and that's exactly what I got. It was like going back in time. The chef came to ask me what I thought of the steak. It was difficult talking to him, I just wanted to eat, but I managed to utter the words 'it's better than sex'. And it was.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Derby, United Kingdom
“Not impressed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

We decided to give this place a go one day for lunch.
OK, we had the fixed price menu, which was only 6.50 euros, but we were expecting food a little better than what we got.
We both had the vegatable soup, followed by pork steak.
The soup, had obviously been microwaved, and to be honest was pretty tasteless.
The pork was fatty, and swimming in oil. So much so that it overpowered any flavour the meat may have once had. The chips looked like the waste potato left over from when the real chips had been cut and were soggy too.
OK, the drinks were reasonably priced, but that was little consolation.
Finally, when it came to paying the bill, we were charged for bread which we distinctly told them we did not want.
Overall, not the best eating experience we had in Faro.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere