“A rest in the sun, with super grub in a thought-provoking setting” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quinta Stuart - Eco Hostel Algarve

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Faro
Quinta Stuart - Eco Hostel Algarve
Sta Barbara de Nexe, Faro, Portugal   |
Offers & Announcements
Free breakfast every day
Ranked #3 of 21 Faro B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“A rest in the sun, with super grub in a thought-provoking setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I am interested in permaculture and chose this hostel for the recommendations. It has so much to offer for those keen to see how change is possible, for those who dream but want to see how changes in lifestyle can make a difference. The wonderful hosts were a fount of knowledge, hope and a can-do attitude. Stuart and Owl were subtle and aware in their attentiveness, doing what was appropriate and always suggesting new and fun things to do. They were very kind to me, a rather older visitor on my own and went out of their way to ensure I had a wonderful break. This is a well thought out use of land, an interesting collection of places to stay and a well resourced holiday base.Anyone wanting a rest in the sun with some green ideas thrown in surrounded by southern Algarve beauty could do no better than come here for a break

Room Tip: Talk to Stu and Owl about the best rooms to stay depending on the time of year. They advised me agai...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

40 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Lannion, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I've spent a wonderful stay with my girlfriend at the eco hostel where Owl and Stu welcomed us. It's a bit secluded but not too far from Faro, so it's really easy to come there by car from the airport. We slept in the cosy Owl house where we enjoyed intimacy and traditional equipment.
The hostel is a great place to stay where you'll find everything you need to feel at home and at the same time in an exotic haven far from the overbuilt Algarve coast. Owl and Stu are unique hosts and gave us all we needed to enjoy our holiday near Faro. If you're vegetarian, it's also a great place to eat since you won't find a lot of vegie food in Algarve. All in all, we'll never forget our stay and know exactly where we'll come for our next trip in southern Portugal.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Volda, More og Romsdal, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We were two guys who traveled from the lousy Norwegian summer to the beauty of a Portuguese one. We came upon Quinta Stu really by accident but we loved our stay there. Owl and Stu are beautiful, funny, helpful people, and they did everything to ensure that our stay was excellent.
They offer great vegetarian meals that Stu prepares himself, and that are enjoyed around a great long dinner table by all the guests. It's a social, high-quality, environmentally conscious eco resort, and I highly recommend it.
It's secluded though, and a bit in the middle of nowhere, so you'll be best of with a car or a scooter but as with the rest of your potential problems at quinta Stu, it either seems less important, or Owl and Stu will help you figure it out. We loved it, met great people and would love to go back.

Hugz n kizzez
Joaquin and Carlos

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

When my best friend and I booked tickets to the Algarve I admittedly felt nervous about what I might encounter. I had heard stories about over populated resorts, bangers and mash and pints, not that there is anything wrong with any of these things, I love sausages as much as the next person, but I wanted more from my holiday. I wanted peace and beauty. I wanted the sound of a language I didn't know the details of and I wanted to experience something different. I found it.
Quinta Stuart was an incredible experience from start to finish. The wonderful guest houses, the price of the rooms, the delicious breakfast; fresh coffee and watermelon, the openness and friendship of the wonderful hosts Owl and Stuart.
It's a great base, a great place to retreat from the world with valuable ethics and morals behind it and it's a wonderful experience. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

at the end of April, my sister and I, wanted to get out for a couple of days. leaving our children in the good hands of our husbands. We are very fond of the eco way of live, that's what made me decide to book our stay at Quinta Stuart, a eco hostel. Getting there was no problem at all, cause Stuart arranged us a taxi in advance, very nice price :). The weather was not very hot, so we could change our lodge for a warmer one.
I enjoyed the breakfast and the evening meals very much. Stuart is a great cook and very nice company. Together with us stayed another couple, where we had a lot of fun with.
Visiting the surrounding area is super and we even made a excursion to Sevilla in Spain. 1,5hour drive. Very easy. I would visit ecohostelalgare again, when I am in the neighborhood!
Thanks Stuart for our nice stay! Regards Goedele

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Graça, Leiria, Portugal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

This is a nice place to stay with lovely hosts who look after you very well. We would stay again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

As a single traveller, Ecohostalalgarve was an ideal place to stay and relax. It is easy to get to and fom the airport, Owl can organise a taxi for a reasonalble price straight to Quinta Stuart. Stu and Owl are thoughtful, attentive hosts and the relaxed, efficient atmosphere really made for a comfortable holiday. The location is convenient for visitng lively coastal towns and yet is a quiet and peaceful, safe retreat for chilling out. It is only a ten minute walk down to a bus stop but frequently Owl or Stuart will give a free lift down to Estoi where there is a bus to Faro. The hostel is full of charm and style, my room was very comfortable and clean. Communal meals and the open air hammock area for reading, chatting or watching a film, were ideal for meeting new people and making new friends. I look forward to returning very soon!

Room Tip: All rooms are unique and the one you choose would depend on personal choice and number of people. Ai...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Been to Quinta Stuart - Eco Hostel Algarve? Share your experiences!