“Cosy and charming” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Almancil, Portugal
“Cosy and charming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I really enjoyed this restaurant , was cosy, the people very welcoming, and the food..... very very good! Liz

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

82% Recommend
Danvers MA
“San Antonio”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

This restaurant was recommended by our hotel and was wonderful. Service was lacking, but food was very good and very reasonable. It was worth the walk.

Visited October 2012
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Brilliant.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Stayed in Faro for a few days last week and stumbled upon this place by accident.
The staff were superb and extremely attentive. The food at the higher end of the menu was unbelievable value and the high end is 12 euros for the main course . The steak cut was one of the best I have ever had . The missus had monk fish kebab with the biggest prawn I have ever seen but she still had steak envy. Wish it was more local is my only complaint. Oh and I left a tip, not like me at all....Superb.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Oslo, Norway
“Delicious food and so cheap!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

My boyfriend and I ate here on our last night for a romantic meal. We were led to the back of the restaurant to find a very pretty street dining area with trees, paintings and lanterns. We then were handed the menus full of delicious and cheap fish and meat dishes. We had yummy sangria..a whole liter for under 10 euros. We also had olives, bread, cheese, tuna paste (very fresh) all for 3 euro. We then ordered turkey fillets with mushroom sauce and salted codfish with chiskpeas. Both amazing! Whole meal was 12.5 euro each...!
The staff were also wonderful and spoke incredible English. Highly recommend!

Visited September 2012
Lisbon
“Best value for money in the city”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I have tried several restaurants in Faro in all my trips to the Algarve and believe me, you won't find better value for money there.
The staff is very attentive and may suggest you the freshest catch and juiciest specialties. And the best thing is that some of them will cost you no more than 6 or 7 Euros. I went "wild" and had a great Steak for less than 12€...that's what I call vale for money. Good selection of Portuguese wines and pleasant terrace on the back.

• Visited August 2012