Just returned from 5 days at Rocha Brava, after booking a late deal with BA. We were impressed by the general standard of our accommodation, a first floor 2 bed apartment with a double aspect lounge, 2 balconies, a well equipped kitchen, and a bathroom with an over bath shower which had good pressure. Both bedrooms and lounge had aircon units, and there was a 26" LCD TV in the lounge with the main UK channels. The apartment was cleaned daily, and the linen changed once during our stay.
We arrived late, but were able to get toasties and drinks in the resort cafe, which was quite busy in the evening. Breakfast in the main restaurant was buffet style and perfectly adequate. A choice of fresh fruit, cereals, yoghurts, breads, scrambled egg and bacon, tea and coffee, which could be taken on the open terrace overlooking the pool, was a very pleasant way to start the day. We didn't eat at the pool side snack bar, or in the main restaurant in the evening, so can't really comment. There are a number of good local restaurants just outside the resort, and in Carvoeiro ( we were surprised to find, only 5 minutes away by car ), our favourite was literally 10 seconds from Rocha Brava, a small family run restaurant called Jardim O Farol, but we did find you had to book in advance as it is so popular.
I have to say we found the staff at reception very helpful, once when we closed the apartment door with the keys inside ( a man had to go up a ladder and get in through the window ), and again when I wanted to do the online check-in for our return flight, and they cheerfully did the whole process on their laptop and printed the boarding cards for us, at no charge!
There are tennis courts, and a good size swimming pool, and a kids playground, so enough for the energetic, and therapeutic treatments for the less energetic.
Rocha Brava is one of the older resorts in Carvoeiro, but it has character, and is well worth considering.
Finally, if you fancy a sardine lunch, grilled over a barbecue, in a waterside setting, go to Ferragudo and find Sueste, next to the fishing boats - fantastic!!!!
- Also Known As:
- Rocha Brava Apartments Hotel
- Rocha Brava Apartments Hotel Carvoeiro
- Rocha Brava
- Rocha Brava Portugal
- Rocha Brava Apartments
- Rocha Brava Village Resort Carvoeiro, Portugal - Algarve
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, and only 3 km from the enchanting old fishing village which is Praia do Carvoeiro, we invite you to come and experience the beauty and tranquillity of the 4 Star ‘Rocha Brava Village Resort’. From apartments to townhouses, to individual villas with their own gardens and swimming pools. Come and discover what the heart of the Algarve has to offer, including the numerous silver beaches that are close to us here at the Rocha Brava Village Resort, as well as some of the best golf courses in the Algarve. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, HostelBookers, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Rocha Brava Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.