Just back from 2 weeks in a 2 bed superior sea view 2 story Accomodation . 02 sept. family of 5 consisting of 3 teens. We were very impressed with our house. No 622. Two stories with 2 ensuites, fully equipped kitchen, inc washing machine and dish washer, microwave etc. we eat out every evening however there would be no need.
My teens, 15,16,18 were bored the first few days until they made friends, as their is no real entertainment in the resort. The pool bar staff were lovely and friendly and chatted to my us every day. A car is definitely needed as it is away from everything ,
carveoeiro is approx 3klms and always a large taxi queue every evening going home.
There are 3 pools, one main pool with bar and snacks the other 2 are very small and scattered around the resort. It's a huge resort of over 900 properties.
Reception staff are ok except for the lady with glasses who really want to help. One day I asked her where did the little train go to that drives into the resort every day, she said no where, and then we saw it in the town, I asked her about shopping markets and she said she had no information on them even though I found it myself in reception.
Over all we enjoyed ourselves, very clean and well maintained, due to the large area a long walk to the pool everyday. The bar charges 4.50 euro a pint, and tiny sandwich 5euro, and the shop on site also very expensive. 24 weetabix 6.99euro ! There is a spar nearby which is much cheaper.
Not much else around with out a car. Great restaurant across the rd, rocha mar, well worth a visit. Tropical helders is next to spar and a great place for evening drinks with free wifi.
Would I go again ? , yes , however no, as I feel there is a big world out there.
Very safe resort, once our teens made friends , we had no issue with them coming home late. Lovely walk to the amazing cliffs at the back of our house.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, and only 3 km from the enchanting old fishing village which is Praia do Carvoeiro, we invite you to come and experience the beauty and tranquillity of the 4 Star ‘Rocha Brava Village Resort’. From apartments to townhouses, to individual villas with their own gardens and swimming pools. Come and discover what the heart of the Algarve has to offer, including the numerous silver beaches that are close to us here at the Rocha Brava Village Resort, as well as some of the best golf courses in the Algarve. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and HostelBookers so you can book your Rocha Brava Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rocha Brava Apartments Hotel Carvoeiro
- Rocha Brava Portugal
- Rocha Brava Village Resort Carvoeiro, Portugal - Algarve