“Best restaurant I visited in Carvoeiro” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Taste

Taste
Rua dos Pescadores 104, Carvoeiro, Portugal
+351 282 358 092
Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 102 Restaurants in Carvoeiro
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Portuguese, Tapas, International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Come & visit the coisy place in Carvoeiro. Open for Dinner from 18.30H, Fish & Meat, Vegetarian, Tapas & delicious deserts!
Dublin, Ireland
“Best restaurant I visited in Carvoeiro”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

You can access it from Rua de Pescadores (the road into Carvoeiro) or Rua de barranco (the exit road) - it was the best restaurant we have visited in over 5 visits to Carvoeiro. But you need to book and if you want an outside table make sure you book early. The staff were great, friendly and attentive nut not pushy, the service was fast and the food was really good , especially the Tapas - we would have loved to be there for their steak night or their music night but didn't book in time.
It's a lovely building, it has the feel of a real restaurant, unlike many of the sidewalk cafe style ones and has very good wines.

The prices are reasonable but very good value for what you get. We couldn't fit in desserts - a mistake - we saw others getting theirs and they looked great.

It was without doubt the restaurant highlight of our holiday

• Visited October 2013

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Wow !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Walked past Taste one afternoon and noticed they had a singer (Mandy Davies) on Thursday evenings, so we looked in, liked the look of the place and booked a table. Everything about the evening was excellent. The service, the atmosphere, the food, the wine and the singing was just right.
However the highlight was my filet steak. I am a bit of an anorak as far as steaks are concerned. Very few restaurants can get everything right. The only thing I can say about this one is WOW !!!! Absolutely spot on. The best I have eaten equal with Philosophia in Pefkos. I can give no higher praise.

Richmond-upon-Thames, United Kingdom
“Steak night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We turned up here on a Saturday without a reservation and were told that we would have to wait 30 minutes for a table which was fine with us. It would have been nice to have a menu to look at while we waited, but the drinks on the terrace sufficed. When we were seated the owner told us that there was one rib-eye steak left which I ordered. There was a short disagreement when I said that I'd like it well done as it appears that the chef doesn't really like to cook meat for that long. Eventually everything was ordered and shortly afterwards the couvert was brought to our table. I can highly recommend what was a tasty way to start a meal. The main course was even better, my steak was cooked all the way through and could not be faulted in any way. The sauteed potatoes and vegetables were very good as was my companions fillet steak. The bill was actually less than I expected, although attracting the waiters attention wasn't easy. Overall I'll happily give Taste my recommendation and I intend to eat there again in the future.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Leave room for dessert.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We ate here twice in 10 days and it was great both nights. Lovely seating areas inside and out. The staff were attentive and friendly and the food was excellent. I can recommend the desserts-especially the blueberry cheesecake and the chocolate brownie. Forget weightwatchers you're on your hols!!

lancs
“Lovely restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Tucked away in the resort centre is this wonderful restaurant. Decent choice of menu suitable for all tastes, including vegetarians, at reasonable prices. Complimentary canopes was a nice touch. Large portions of well cooked, well presented dishes. Booking recommended unless eating very early.

Visited September 2013