We have just returned from a week, b and b at this hotel.
It is well situated on the beach, and at the front, on the main street / promenade in armacao de pera.
We had a recently refurbished double room on the 4th floor, which is what we asked for if it was available, so thank you for that. The room was absolutely fine, although the balcony, like them all throughout the hotel, was at best a 3 foot by 3 foot space with one chair, and really no room to go out onto. Not a problem for us though as we don't tend to use the balcony anyway. The aircon was quite noisy however during the night and had to be on to cope with the heat at this time of year, an improvement here would be helpful.
Breakfast was from 7.30 to 11 am which was great, and meant that there was always plenty of space and seating options, and while some may complain about the range of food available, we were happy with what was available, and it was all of good quality too. The bacon, sausage, egg, beans etc were all very good to our taste, and the sliced oranges and melon beforehand were far superior to what we get back home.
Getting a sunbed by the pool was a bit of a challenge, and I think the habit by some of setting towels out before breakfast and returning at some point later, needs reviewing.
The beach was superb, and we tended to use this, but with a charge of 15.50 euros per day for sunbeds and brolly, was a bit expensive.
So too were drinks at the bar and pool bar, which discourages people from using this facility, creating the usual lack of atmosphere around the hotel that many have for the same reason.
There are lots of restaurants/bars/coffee shops from the hotel all the way through to the fisherman's huts at the other end of town, and they provide plenty of options for eating and drinking.
Some good Portugese restaurants that we will use again when we visit in the future, helped make this a very good holiday in a resort that we liked a lot, and was quite different from other places we have been to along the Algarve. Maybe all the Portugese holidaymakers at this time of year created the atmosphere, as they strolled around in the evenings and ate in the many restaurants, but we will certainly visit again and see what it is like then, again on a b and b basis at the Holiday Inn due to its location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you want to relax in the sun, take leisurely strolls on the beach or are looking for something more active, the Holiday Inn Algarve, formerly known as Hotel Garbe, is the perfect choice. Commanding a prime beachfront position with stunning panoramic views over the bay of the Algarvean village of Armação de Pêra, the hotel lies within strolling distance of shops, restaurants and entertainment. The holiday Inn Algarve is one of the best located Armação de Pêra accommodations. It is also an excellent base from which to explore the Algarve, with regular bus services to nearby towns and villages. From almost every angle guests enjoy breathtaking ocean views of the sparkling Atlantic. Direct access from the hotel leads straight on to the magnificent sandy beach, one of the longest in the Algarve. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Venere, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Algarve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Algarve Hotel
- Garbe Hotel Armação De Pera
- Holiday Inn Algarve Armacao De Pera, Portugal