We had stayed at this hotel previously, just after it been opened by its current owners. We regularily holiday with the group in Madiera and so have grown to expect high standards. Since our original stay the quality of the food had risen greatly with lots of quality offerings for all courses whilst being looked after by cheerful friendly staff. We took the 5 dinner deal and were not disappointed at all and found it preferable to going out to town where we found quality somewhat variable. We stayed two weeks and the number of dishes to choose from meant that there was no need to be bored in what you ate, with plenty of interesting options there too.
The lounges are not extensive but comfortable. The bar we found to be somewhat dark and the solo entertainer very skilled but his music was somewhat too modern and jazzy for our tastes. The rooms are not large but perfectly comfortable and with morning sun and lovely sea and pool views, we had no complaints. The gym and indoor pool were an asset and used often by myself. The walk along the beach is good exercise with the 132 steps to get back up to the hotel: not something that my wife could manage. Pleasant to sit by the bar pool in the late afternoon sun. Quite a few attractive areas to sit atop the cliffs looking over the beach and sea. Most you can have served of take drinks.
The hotel is about 3 miles outside Albufeira in a little town with quite a few restarants and a beachside setting with lots of quiet bars and places to get a bite for lunch. The sea front is about 15 mins walk down a not too steephill. Bus service into Albufeira. We had a car to go around and see the wonderful beaches and rock formations which we enjoyed thoroughly both going on the beach and clifftop walking.
Overall a very enjoyable holiday and one to be recommended.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Bay Falesia Albufeira
- Porto Bay Falesia Hotel
- Porto Bay Falesia Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel stands overlooking Praia da Falesia in the charming town of Olhos de Agua, close to Albufeira in the Algarve. Surrounded by abundant green areas, the hotel enjoys direct access to the sea and the exceptional 8km long beach which is washed by the clear, calm waters of the Algarve sea. After a refreshing drink at the waters edge, a reviving plunge in one of the pools, a trip to the beach, a game of tennis or an invigorating massage, sit back and enjoy one of the Algarves most beautiful views from one of the hotel's restaurants. Make the most of your holidays to relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Olotels, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Porto Bay Falesia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.