My mother and I stayed for two weeks at the Orada apartments. The apartment itself was spacious, clean and comfortable, with all the appliances you could need in the kitchen (except a kettle but we survived with the old school boiling in a pot!) plus TV and telephone. We had two rooms, one ensuite where getting hot water from the shower was touch & go, however, the main bathroom shower worked fine.
The grounds themselves look a bit tired. We were there through the winter season though, so I'm imagining they are in tidy up mode as there seemed to be plenty staff on site. My mother had walking difficulties, so she hired a mobility scooter for our stay, which for the most part Orada's grounds were suitable for. The lift towards the marina area had a step however and I had to lift it up every time, so silly a 'missed' area as they had a portable ramp at the reception, all it would take would be a second!
Talking of the marina....tired and empty! Only one good restaurant available. If you follow the road passed the marina, you will come to the 'Old town' Albufeira, which is just lovely and spoilt for choice restaurant wise. It was approx a 15 min walk along the road, which was fine because of my mums scooter, we would have been severely limited and bored if we didn't have it and I would have spend my whole holiday having to drive places, missing out on many sangrias!!
Wifi and books available from the reception. Car parking was available for outside our apartment to accommodate my mothers difficulties, which was invaluable.
So to summarise the apartments themselves are great but the location would be severely limiting if you cannot walk to the Old town as the Marina is practically desolate.
If you have car hire visit Gale beach it's picturesque with a great restaurant overlooking. Supermarkets within 10mins drive I'd recommend- Lidl will save your pockets and Apoloosia, which is more expensive but is like a UK Waitrose.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Apartamentos Turisticos da Orada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartamentos Turisticos Da Orada Hotel Albufeira
- Orada Apartments Albufeira
- Orada Apartments Hotel Albufeira
- Apartamentos Turisticos Da Orada Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve