Just got back from a weeks stay, overall very happy with our choice of hotel.
As other reviews have said, the choice and quality of the food at mealtimes was top notch and resulted in me eating far to much!
Small gripe about the strict meal times, we were told there would be a choice between two evening meal sittings, 18:30 and 20:30 however when we checked in were were told 20:30 was full so we had no option. Now 18:30 was ok, but given we had a few days out planned and had hired a car it did mean we missed two meal times (it was either that or cut our trips short)
Rooms are large and clean, they do have air-con (of sorts) - although it's not THAT cool, it was ok for us..(As others have mentioned, you don't get a double bed, you get two large beds pushed together)
I only have positive things to say about any of the hotel staff I had dealings with, always friendly and courteous and happy to help, a credit to the hotel.
The main gripe for me "atmosphere" in the hotel, the reason why I wouldn't rebook (even if it wasn't closing in October). I think in short the hotel caters very well for the average age of it's guests, which I would estimate somewhere around 60+. Evening entertainment consisted of piano music or a live act in a side room, again catering for a more mature audience and the eerily quiet atmosphere around the pool area made you feel almost uncomfortable to speak too loudly... I'm sure a little background music would have helped.
The pool area was spotless and there always seemed to be free beds/parasols however it was REALLY cold, took quite a while to ease yourself in...
Overall we had a great holiday, I'm just not sure I'd have chosen this hotel had I been aware of its more mature outlook :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Olhos d???Agua in the Algarve. 4-Storey building standing on a cliff. 15 Minutes' walk from Praia da Falesia beach. Access to a small cove from the hotel is via cliff side steps (an approximate 10 minute walk). 8 Km from Albufeira. 500 M from various shops. 35 Km from the airport. 500 M from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Algarve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Algarve Albufeira
- Hotel Riu Palace Algarve Albufeira, Portugal