We have just returned from one weeks holiday at this wonderful hotel. It is our second visit to a Riu and was not disappointed.
We had a terrace room on the ground floor which overlooked the lawned area, I must admit that was my only grouch as it was quite dark in the room as there were quite a lot of trees outside our balcony, having said that it was very quiet and peaceful we were awoken with the birds singing in the trees.
The food in this hotel is excellent, so much to choose from I cannot see anyone being disappointed with the selection on offer.
The staff are brilliant and so friendly from the reception staff, restaurant staff down to the ladies who clean, they are so polite and always great you with a smile.
THe rooms are of a high standard and kept spotlessly clean by the maids.
Didnt use the mini bar as the contents were very expensive.
We also didnt drink in the hotel (only once) as the drinks are pricey, even the coffee.
Can't also comment on the entertainment as we didnt stay in the hotel in the evening, we used to walk our intake of food off.
The beach down the steps is quite disappointing, after walking all the way down the steps in the heat, there isn't anything down there, ok its a nice beach, but no facilities, no toilets or catering for drinks or food. The best beach is down the road, but it is quite a walk as unfortunately it is not straightforward to get there you have to walk a bit of a detour to come back onto yourself. It is a pity the hotel cannot put a cut through to get onto the main road .
There are quite a lot of shops in the village and quite a few cafes and bars.
What we found funny was the people reserving sunbeds really early, and not by the pool but on the grass, allthough there are signs saying not to do this, but I suppose you get this at every hotel.
To sum up, a fantastic holiday in a wonderful hotel. Would we go again, probably not, as we want to try other Riu Hotels. Don't hesitate to go to this hotel. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Olhos d???Agua in the Algarve. 4-Storey building standing on a cliff. 15 Minutes' walk from Praia da Falesia beach. Access to a small cove from the hotel is via cliff side steps (an approximate 10 minute walk). 8 Km from Albufeira. 500 M from various shops. 35 Km from the airport. 500 M from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Despegar.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Algarve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Algarve Albufeira
- Hotel Riu Palace Algarve Albufeira, Portugal