As on most of our trips, we look up 'Trip Advisor' for their 'Reviews'. For some strange reason we could not get in to this hotel. The reviews seemed terrific so we persevered. Eventually we went to Travel Republic and....whoosh...we were in! We traveled on the 2nd June for one week. There now follows my honest opinion about the Oura-View Beach Club:- One of the first reviewers said that it felt like a 3 star hotel - I think that is just right. We asked in advance to be picked up by bus shuttle from the Airport. This was done for 40 euros (return for 2 persons) by Yellow Fish Transfers - absolutely no problems. 'Previously' (as they say on TV) we had asked for a Sea view room - when we arrived at Reception we were told that 'The Computer says NO' - so we were plonked on the 1st floor right above Reception (where arrivals come day & night). We were told that the hotel was completely full - yet we hardly saw anybody.
Unfortunately I was brought up in an London Council Flat. I thought that I had come home!
The corridors were badly under-lit (I am a lighting engineer) and were very long. wide and echo sounding. The rooms were very spacious (unlike a council flat where cats can't swing!) and comfortable (but had seen better days). Beds fine. Plenty of wardrobe space. Now.....the thing to die for was the swimming pool. It was very, very big (lovely) - a bit cold at first. Good Bar-side service. Lovely snacks. We thought it very strange that there was absolutely no Security to stop outsiders from using the pool. We thought it strange (bearing in mind that we hardly saw anybody about) that there were loads of youths using the pool. For curiosity I watched them leave the pool and they went outside the complex and disappeared up the road! While we were having evening 'Aperitifs' on our balcony above the Reception we noticed 4 or 5 cars pull up and park opposite the reception and go in to the pool - 30 minutes later they all came out and drove out of the complex! One of the best places to eat was Vivaldos (the restaurant with thatched roof umbrellas). They give out tickets giving 20% off meals on your next visit. The 'Sister' hotel (Club Praia Da Oura) had a very good Steak Night. Good entertainment. If I go to that area again I will go to that complex - far better atmosphere and something going on every night. The other thing that the area put me off was the so called 'Strip' on the main road above the hotel. This was full of restaurants and full of Hen and Stag parties. A bit rowdy. The 'Follow Me' bus excursions, arranged by the hotel, were first class and thoroughly enjoyable.
I am sorry but I won't be visiting the Oura-View Beach Club again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oura-View Beach Club is located directly on Praia da Oura Beach. It features wide grounds with a large outdoor swimming pool area situated within gardens overlooking the Atlantic Ocean.The spacious self-catering apartments have large furnished balconies with beautiful views over the Atlantic Ocean, Swimming Pools or Resort. They feature a fully equipped kitchen, spacious living and dining areas with comfortable seating area with satellite tv.Breakfast is served in the Terrace Bar or the Sunset Restaurant, the restaurant also has a variety of dishes for the guests to enjoy for lunch or dinner. The Pool bar is available providing views over the ocean and swimming pool.Guests can enjoy a variety of different dining options at our restaurants in our sister resorts, a 5 minutes’ walk away.Xanadu Health Club provides a variety of treatments, an indoor swimming pool, Jacuzzi, sauna and Turkish bath(additional costs can be charged). Water sports are available down on the beach, and there are numerous golf courses within a short drive of the hotel.The old town of Albufeira is a 20 minutes walk away and the main entertainment area with shops, clubs, bars and restaurants is 300 meters away.Oura-View Beach Club is 30 km from Faro International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Oura-View Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oura-View Beach Club Hotel Albufeira
- Oura Beach Club
- Oura-View Beach Club Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve