Stayed at the hotel on a Bed & Breakfast basis for 7 nights 15/7-22/7/13 with my husband, son (16 yrs and daughter 11 yrs). Hotel rooms are a little dated, but functional and serve their purpose, however it would of been great to have coffee/tea making facilities in the room. On the first night we had dinner in the main resturant offering buffet style dinner at Euros 35.00 per person which definately was not worth the money. The Santa Eulália along the beach front which is part of the hotel is lovely and the food was divine, also cheaper than main resturant. We also took a taxi twice into Albufeira Old Town (7 Euros) and found a wonderful resturant tucked away in the back streets called "Bailote" - really worth going to. The other restaurant very close to the hotel is "Martins" - dont be put off by the exterior of this restaurant as the food is extremely good and very reasonably priced (3 courses each, soft drinks and a bottle of wine came to 120 Euros).
We had enough of the sun after five days and discovered "Parque Aventura" literally 10 minute walk from the hotel and spent a very enjoyable 3 hours zip wiring through the trees. There are four different levels of difficulty to try and the staff (all English speaking) were helpful.
At "Balaia Golf Village" just 10 minute walk from the hotel they have four tennis courts and social tennis takes place every Thursday and Sunday from 5-7pm for 7 Euros per person which is coach organised and very good fun. There is also a splendid resturant in the golf village and which have Italian buffet every Sunday night which was fantastic.
The hotel has four swimming pools located around different parts of the complex, all with a snack bar. The tennis courts (which was a reason why I choose this hotel) were disappointing. The hotel website states two tennis courts, but in reality there is only one which has a broken net and the other is used for football I believe, and doesnt have a net. They charge you 8 Euros to hire the court and loan racquets per hour, but we just turned up very early with our own racquets as it is not worth paying to play with a broken net, especially when you have your own equipment!
- Also Known As:
- Grande Real Santa Eulalia Resort And Hotel Spa
- Grande Real Santa Eulalia Hotel Albufeira
- Grande Real Santa Eulalia
- Grande Real Santa Eulalia Hotel
- Santa Eulalia Portugal
- Grande Real Santa Eulalia Resort
- Grande Real Santa Eulalia Resort & Hotel Spa Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Grande Real Santa Eulalia Resort & Hotel Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.