“EXCELLENT DINNING EXPERIENCE” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
CLEETHORPES
“EXCELLENT DINNING EXPERIENCE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed at the Pateo Village Apartments,which is very close by to this restaurant,it was recommended to us on our second day there by another guest,and we were so pleased that they did as once we had eaten there we only went anywhere else on Monday's as that's the day they close.The food,service and staff are second to none,we tried almost everything on the menu and would have tried it all but ran out of time,so yes were booking for next year and this is the place to eat for us.The portions are very good and as for the sweets one word fantastic.There is live music by Luke 3 times a week and he was so good that we bought his cd,and cannot wait for his next one.There is a need to reserve a table at times as they are so busy and well used,we however reserved the same table for the whole two weeks there as it is truly a fantastic dinning experience and we would recommend it to anyone.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Dorchester
“Excellent food, Excellent service, Comfortable, and VERY REASONABLE PRICES!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Firstly I must say that when I decided to review this first-class restaurant I was suprised that it was not listed on the TripAdvisor site, however having contacted TripAdvisor it is now listed and I am able to write it's first review which I suspect will be the first of many.

So why visit an Italian restaurant when you are in Portugal??...Seems wierd!!...BUT, this Italian restaurant is better than many to be found in Italy!! First class in all respects.

To approach Mama Mia from the street it looks a bit of a no-no-no.....do not be put off.....descend the steps.....walk through the indoor area to the terrace.....WOW!!!.....a lovely area with views over the street below and beyond to the ocean (from the street entrance you would not have a clue that there would be a sea view!).

As would be expected in an Italian restaurant there is a large range of pastas (all served with slices of bruschetta) - lasagne, stuffed canelloni, ravioli, tortellone, not to forget Bolognese, Carbonara, and Neopolitan sauces with a choice of spaghetti, tagliatelle, or penne. There is a vast range of pizzas available in two sizes - either regular or mega (unless you are mega-hungry you will find the regular to be pleny!). The prices are mega-reasonable, ranging from 6.95 euro for a regular size margarita to 14.95 for the 'all singing, all dancing' something of everything mega size.

There is also a great range of fish (fish of the day, cod, sole, salmon, etc.) and meats (chicken, lamb, turkey, pork, steak, etc.). I chose the 'leg of lamb cutlet with mint gravy' priced at 12 euro which included chips and tasty vegetables - all perfectly cooked, well presented, and a really supurb gastronomic experience. My Wife enjoyed the 'pizza formaggi' - a basic margarita with added cheddar, mozarella, and three cheese sauce, priced at 10.45 euro.

I was very tempted to have a starter from the large choice (the baby back pork ribs in BBQ sauce caught my eye) but decided to decline as I wanted to enjoy the main course and have room for a dessert. I regret that I cannont comment on the dessert menu - we were so full (to bursting point!) - we declined to even look at the dessert menu.

The house wine is excellent (and cheap), the comfort is good, there is an overall feeling of great ambience, and finally "the icing on the cake" - the service - both friendly and efficient.

We enjoyed our visit and feel sure that if you visit YOU WILL ENJOY.

PS. Closed on Mondays.