“Romantic night out” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 584 Restaurants in Albufeira
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Eclectic
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Perhaps one of the most beautiful restaurants in Albufeira, Castelo do Mar boasts unique sea and Marina views, outside terraces and a relaxed ambience in an elegant setting. Occasional live music on selected nights provides a harmonious backdrop to overall dining experience. Dishes include meats, fish, seafood and vegetarian options. A fully stocked bar provides either an additional element to your meal or a well deserved sunset cocktail, a glass of Champagne or whatever your choice of liquid refreshment. An ideal venue for all occasions. If you have taken the time to write a review and we have not responded to it please accept our apologies. We greatly appreciate that you took the time to do so and offer our sincere thanks.
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
“Romantic night out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Excellent food, fabulous location and very romantic. If you are looking for a special night out at a very good price I would recommend Castelo do Mar.

Wincanton, United Kingdom
“Amazing food and people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

During our week long holiday in Albufeira, my girlfriend and I ate at Castelo do Mar restaurant 3 times. The location, the food and the people were the best we experienced keeping us coming back for more! I cannot recommend Castelo do Mar highly enough! The sea and marina views are stunning. The menu is varied, catering for all tastes and executed to perfection offering great value for money. The staff are friendly, helpful and have established a relaxed atmosphere to spend your evening in. We will definitely be returning if we are ever near Albufeira again.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Best food in Albufeira”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

My wife and I spotted the restaurant during an earlier trip in January, and were pleased to see it open on our return a week ago.
We received a very friendly welcome from Johann and found the atmosphere and ambience very much what we were looking for.
We consider this restaurant to deserve five stars in every category as it serves truly memorable dishes at a most reasonable price. The service is also excellent,and we had a great time there on four separate occasions.
My wife said that it was the best food that she had ever tasted in Portugal, and I have to agree. Quality and presentation were outstanding.
If you are in the area , don't miss this place!

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great restaurant-lovely food!,”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

We read about this place before we went on holiday to albuferia and walked there on a Sunday to find it closed, but I should really have checked the opening times prior to going there, it is only open for a six day week in April. We returned two days later as it was only a 15min walk from our hotel on the other side of the old town square and we were not disappointed, it has great views of the harbour. It was quiet but we eat early as we have a two yr old. We were warmly greater and my son got a small toy to keep him busy, the food was excellent and I would highly reccommend the ibieran pork which was extremely tender, we never quite managed the full main course as they had fairly hearty portions. There was a 25% discount on the wine at the time which was a good offer. Price wise it was cheaper that some of the places in the old town square and miles better quality and chioce than the omelate/fryups/etc plus chips options we seen in larger parts of the town. I would definetly revisit this place if I go back to the area.

Visited April 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Amazing food and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We were staying by the marina and would pass this restaurant everyday when we walked to the beach or Old Town. It looks beautiful from the outside and it has wonderful views over the marina and the sea as it is on top of the hill. We always talked about going there one night and I'm so thankful we decided to because the food was absolutely fantastic! The interior is very stylish and sophisticated but not snobby in the slightest (some alliteration for you there). It's just a calming and wonderful atmosphere and the staff were lovely too. It has something for everyone: vegetarians, meat lovers and seafood enthusiasts. Even something as simple as the home-made burger was tasty, my boyfriend said it was the best burger he has ever had in his life! That's a big statement coming from him because he loves his burgers and bacon! I had the seafood risotto which was delicious with a salmon fillet on top. I was craving for a creamy seafood risotto all holiday so I was happy I found it. Our other friend said he absolutely loved his chicken curry and even took leftovers home. The selection of wine is wonderful as well, they sell the Cliff Richard one (He has a vineyard just outside of Albufeira) but we didn't try it, we had a beautiful local red wine instead. There was a discount for the wine as well which no one could ever be upset about but even if there wasn't it was still a good and reasonable price. We all loved it and have vowed to go back and visit. If you're staying in Albufeira, it is well worth the 5 minute walk from Old Town and I highly recommend it.