We stayed here in November (14th - 21st). It was booked last minute and super cheap! We had read the reviews before setting out, so had an idea of what to expect. First of all, I have to comment on the location of this hotel - it is perfect for both the old town and the strip! We were also lucky enough to pick a week of perfect weather, and the first 3 days were spent sunbathing on the beach!
We were originally placed outside of the main hotel, but requested a room change on our second day due to a broken air con vent that was letting in cockroaches! Our new room was in the main building, very spacious and much nicer, although the 'double bed' was 2 singles pushed together. The balcony was a real sun trap, and the kitchen was fine for basic meals and storing the Kopparberg!
We chose self catering, but mostly ate in the old town, or on the strip. In our experience the staff were neither rude, not abrupt, which is what a few reviewers have commented on. They were, however, very slow at tending to the lines of customers at reception. For what we paid though, I really cannot complain.
Monica Isabel offers free WiFi - this does not extend to most areas of the hotel, so please be aware! The entertainment tent outside has the strongest signal, and was often filled with people on their phones/tablets, confirming their return transport, or looking for the best local cuisine!
We never ate in the panoramic restaurant, but we did go up to explore and the views are absolutely amazing. I would recommend a visit just for the scenery!
If you are looking for a place to put your head after a day at the beach, or a night out drinking, then this hotel is for you. If you are looking to spend the whole week around the pool and enjoying evening entertainment and fancy hotel facilities, I would recommend you look elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel includes Monica Isabel Beach Club 4 Stars (Aparthotel) and Monica Isabel Beach Club 3 Stars ( Tourist Apartments). It has a privileged location in Albufeira, on Albufeira beach and only 500 meters from “Avenida Sá Carneiro “a popular avenue (better known as The Strip to foreign visitors) which is filled with cafes, bars, restaurants and a wide variety of shops. The Albufeira Resort is central to traditional shopping areas, restaurants and bars from throughout the region and only 1.5 km from the Historic and Cultural Centre of Albufeira, the Mónica Isabel Beach Club offers a variety of services that allow your holiday or short week-end break to be unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Monica Isabel Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monica Isabel Hotel Albufeira
- Monica Isabel Aparthotel Albufeira
- Monica Isabel Aparthotel Hotel Albufeira
- Monica Isabel Beach Club Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve