This hotel with seperate apartments available is potentially a very good place to visit, however does have several matters of concern the level of customer care/attention is very poor, with very little in the way of entertainment and a ridiculous restaurant location on the 8th floor of the main hotel building, the main entertainment area the millenium bar is a very large empty area with very little to offer apart from some basic seating this would without doubt be more suited as a restaurant location!. other matters like very limited menu options and cold inadequate serving's as well as feeling like a cattle market in the restaurant area meant we were very dissapointed and after only two visits decided to feed ourselves in the local food outlets, therefore making the half board option a waste of our money.
There are other issues such as a 3PM check in time, we arrived 10AM very tired having travelled for some considerable time and were expected to find something to do otherwise? we eventually were allowed to check in at 1.00PM approximately early after reasoning with Deborah Dean on the front desk who is one of the most helpful and friendly persons you could ever hope to meet thank heavens!. our room 311a had beautiful 180 degree views of the ocean but was let down by maintenance issues as listed,
bathroom windows cracked with broken locks and no blinds for privacy,our apartment is directly overlooked by other apartment's so we had to use towels hung over the windows to deal with this issue. heating was provided by a single air conditioning unit located in the bedroom area at the opposite end of the apartment therefore almost worse than useless.
other issues were sockets barely on the wall or in the wrong location (directly next to or above the sink area)no sockets for bedside lighting in the bedroom, sink taps in the main room cooking area loose and in danger of coming away in your hand with a door badly fitted on the cupboard below and so on !! what Maintenance we ask???.
i could continue at risk of boring everyone but please consider carefully before you book this hotel location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel includes Monica Isabel Beach Club 4 Stars (Aparthotel) and Monica Isabel Beach Club 3 Stars ( Tourist Apartments). It has a privileged location in Albufeira, on Albufeira beach and only 500 meters from “Avenida Sá Carneiro “a popular avenue (better known as The Strip to foreign visitors) which is filled with cafes, bars, restaurants and a wide variety of shops. The Albufeira Resort is central to traditional shopping areas, restaurants and bars from throughout the region and only 1.5 km from the Historic and Cultural Centre of Albufeira, the Mónica Isabel Beach Club offers a variety of services that allow your holiday or short week-end break to be unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Monica Isabel Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monica Isabel Hotel Albufeira
- Monica Isabel Aparthotel Albufeira
- Monica Isabel Aparthotel Hotel Albufeira
- Monica Isabel Beach Club Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve