This was our second visit to CPO. You cannot fault the overall organisation, but the booking in/out process is a long winded affair and you will have to deposit 100euros or leave credit card details. If you leave cash there is a lot of problems getting your cash back without the original receipt. The myTravel reps sell phone cards on the bus from the airport. I bought one, didn't work, changed it, didn't work and after the usual haggling with Andy The Rep got my cash back. We stayed in a studio apartment 641. They are very small and even for 2 of you it may be worth paying the extra for a bedroom. My wife was taken ill on the 2nd week. The local Doctor very good. We are now one week later and she is still unable to keep down solids. Whatever it is, it is a very unpleasant local bug, according to the Doc, who came armed with medicines for the symptoms. Dr was paid in cash, 100 for callout and 30 for medicines, no scripts. The walk to Albafuira is very pleasant and we got the road train back - PACKED! A real popular local attraction as it is so cheap. Loads of restaurants, The Happy House Chinese was my favourite, I must have had 6 takeaways and 3 buffet meals, very good value. NO, Janet was ill long after she had eaten there. She felt there was a sour, almost sewerage smell at the apartmnt as soon as we arrived, I didn't really notice. She was on bottled water throughout so I have no idea where the infection was picked up. I would repeat that the Doctor said her symptoms were 'very common', whether that relates to CPO or the resort I am not sure. She was never in the pool, I was in every day. I would recommend CPO, the staff are excellent and the pool large enough for riotous kids and swimmers. The No Inflatables/ No Diving/ No Ball Games rules are completely ignored. Everyone has fun. Loads of free sunbeds and brollies. Ample grassy areas, friendly people from all over Europe, families, couple, all ages. Remember, there are lifts, but the Cardiac Hill is very steep and there are lots of steps. You'll need to study the map to locate the short cuts to K Block and the main road. The resort supermarket is good value for money if a little limited in choice. The BIG one is excellent. All staff can and do speak English, no surly Spaniards on site! The Strip is a must and Oura is bigger than you think! If you want hassle free (after booking in) holidays (until booking out) this is an ideal all year round resort. Weatherwise, one overcast day and one of torrential rain, otherwise, in the 80's.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This extensive resort is located in Praia da Oura in Albufeira and features 2 renovated outdoor swimming pools, tropical gardens and a bowling green. It offers direct access to Praia da Oura beach, less than 200 meters away.The property is a great family destination but also perfect for couples or groups looking for an entertaining and lively beach holiday.All apartments at the Clube Praia da Oura have a private furnished balcony which have views over either the Atlantic Ocean, swimming pools & gardens or the resort.The apartments feature a fully equipped kitchenette, en suite bathroom with hairdryer and a seating and dining area with satellite TV.With a 24-hour completely renovated reception and lobby bar/café, the multilingual reception staff can book tours, airport transfers and the hotel shuttle service to the centre of Albufeira. There is also a Golf desk available where all golf courses in the Algarve can be booked.Jac’s Restaurant serves an à la carte menu of a variety of international and national dishes. Guests can relax and have a drink at our Ocean Bar with views over the ocean or Bowling Green or enjoy the Pool bar. There is a daily entertainment program available and evening entertainment options include theme nights, live music and karaoke.Guests can enjoy a variety of different dining options at our restaurants in our sister resorts, a 5 minutes’ walk away.The main entertainment area of Albufeira is a 5 minute walk away.Clube Praia da Oura is 40 minutes’ drive from Faro Airport and just over 3 km from the old town centre of Albufeira. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Clube Praia da Oura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clube Praia Da Oura Hotel Albufeira
- Clube Praia Da Oura Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve
- Oura Albufeira