CPO has one of the nicest locations in the Algarve. We have been returning here since 1977 and we will continue to return. The resort maintenance is first class with gardening, painting etc continually taking place. The maids and service staff are so friendly and polite its a pleasure to greet them every day as they pass through. Not so with some of the newer bar staff who have arrived since the new management took over. many of the smiling faces we have recognised have left which is a great shame.
Yes, some of the apartments are now looking a little tired but I understand that a refurbishment program starting at the beach end commences this winter.
There are new owners at this resort and they have already spend much money in refurbishing the reception and swimming pool.
The WiFi to each apartment is a joke. I paid 40euros for 2 weeks worth and after the first 5 days I had been able to use it only for about 2 hours, despite complaining on at least 8 occasions that it was not available. Eventually the cost of the WiFi was deducted from my bill, so thank you for that.
The lack of bowling green this October was a disappointment. Although we don't play ourselves, we love to sit with a cold beer and watch the games. I really think the new management need to have a rethink about this facility. It was so sad to see the green lying idle.
Also, the outdoor Jacuzzis are no longer there. Again, another backward step. Replacing the Jacuzzis by the sauna hut was a massage tent which I would have loved to have used for a back and neck massage, but the price was horrendous - 4 -5 times dearer than back in the UK...again, they need to look at this.
It might sound like a lot of complaints but this really is a beautiful place to stay and we will hopefully be returning here for many years to come.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This extensive resort is located in Praia da Oura in Albufeira and features 2 renovated outdoor swimming pools, tropical gardens and a bowling green. It offers direct access to Praia da Oura beach, less than 200 meters away.The property is a great family destination but also perfect for couples or groups looking for an entertaining and lively beach holiday.All apartments at the Clube Praia da Oura have a private furnished balcony which have views over either the Atlantic Ocean, swimming pools & gardens or the resort.The apartments feature a fully equipped kitchenette, en suite bathroom with hairdryer and a seating and dining area with satellite TV.With a 24-hour completely renovated reception and lobby bar/café, the multilingual reception staff can book tours, airport transfers and the hotel shuttle service to the centre of Albufeira. There is also a Golf desk available where all golf courses in the Algarve can be booked.Jac’s Restaurant serves an à la carte menu of a variety of international and national dishes. Guests can relax and have a drink at our Ocean Bar with views over the ocean or Bowling Green or enjoy the Pool bar. There is a daily entertainment program available and evening entertainment options include theme nights, live music and karaoke.Guests can enjoy a variety of different dining options at our restaurants in our sister resorts, a 5 minutes’ walk away.The main entertainment area of Albufeira is a 5 minute walk away.Clube Praia da Oura is 40 minutes’ drive from Faro Airport and just over 3 km from the old town centre of Albufeira. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Clube Praia da Oura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clube Praia Da Oura Hotel Albufeira
- Clube Praia Da Oura Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve
- Oura Albufeira