This was our 2nd visit. The first was in 2010 with my wife and only daughter at the time who was 4 back then. We absolutely loved it and couldn't wait to get back. It was very clean, good food quality despite repetition.
It took us 4 years as we since had a further 2 children. Since out first visit it didn't wow us like it did back then.
The food variety was weak and nothing for my younger children who are 2 & 1 years of age, it was mainly junk food. The lunch/dinner options were poor and we decided either to have something from the snack bar or go to the restaurants out front.
The male staff were all very friendly and helpful but some of the female staff had a miserable face on them on most occasions.
The building itself looking from the pool towards the hotel is in need of a clean or paint.
The Thomas cook entertainment team (Ricky, Jen, Miguel & Stevie) were all consistently excellent and couldn't wish for anymore. From 10:30am until after 11pm they were fun and friendly (as were the group back in 2010).
The all inclusive wrist bands were different to the ones we previously had and don't last long especially if you are applying option and swimming yet if you lose it your are fined €5. I got mine changed 6 times in 14 days, plus several other times for my wife & eldest child.
It was a family themed hotel previously now attracted several stag parties, although they were having fun didn't really disrupt us just foul language on occasions and taking own alcohol around pool which the lifeguards dealt with several times.
Although some of this seems negative i'd be willing to give it a 3rd chance purely as my children all love it and I have a fond attraction to it, my wife would need persuading though.
Albufeira area as a whole is 5* love the place and would definitely recommend it to families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Paraiso de Albufeira is a family resort located in the heart of Albufeira. Just a few minutes from the main beach Playa de los Pescadores and the city center, it is the perfect starting point for a vacation surrounded by the intense life of this great tourist resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Paraiso de Albufeira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paraiso De Albufeira Hotel Albufeira
- Paraiso De Hotel Albufeira
- Paraiso Albufeira
- Paraiso Hotel Albufeira
- Albufeira Paraiso De Hotel
- Aparthotel Paraiso De Albufeira
- Hotel Paraiso De Albufeira Portugal - Algarve