“Soon be back at Vale de Carros!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vale de Carros

You added Vale de Carros to your Saves list
Vale de Carros
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Apartado 6015 | Olhos d'Agua, Albufeira 8200-925, Portugal   |
Ranked #53 of 162 Hotels in Albufeira
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Soon be back at Vale de Carros!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

We went to Vale de Carros last Sept 2010 and was surprised at how fantastic it was! We only went for a week and it was a last minute booking. The apartment was spacious and we had plenty of room for us all-including 2 boys aged 10 & 13 who tend to take over all the space!
We were between the 2 pools which suited us fine.
All the staff were friendly, the food served was always to a good standard, plentiful and hot. The local restaurants also provided excellant value for money and we never heard a dog bark all week!
The orange trees were so tempting and yes we did sample them and they were gorgous.
This year we were going to go to Gran Canary but after last years fab experience decided to go back to Vale de Carros for 2 wks - we booked on Mon and got another fabulous deal so the countdown is on - 5wks and 2 days and we will be there again - we cannot wait! And this year we will have 2 wks to expolre!
So if u r in doubt - check it out - its a fab place, fab price and everyone we met so friendly too!

Because we had paid such a low price - the return flights were only £47 we thought the accomodation might not have been up to much. Everyday we kept 'pinching' ourselves saying we could not believe the value for money it provided. Other guests had also gone purely because the flights were so reasonable and we are looking forward to seeing some of the guests again who have booked to return at the same time as us.
Although we visited during term time there were also a few other families holidaying and kids being kids soon made friends and so did we.

Vale de Carros could definately be one of those places you can return to each year!
And if you are planning on going Sept/Oct 2011 we will see u there!!!

Room Tip: We were situated between the 2 pools which was great for us, the terrace areas were great for chilli...
  • Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011 via mobile

The rooms were very big and spacious.Was a bit gutted as told it was2km away from alberfuria it was 13 euros each way in a taxi the Marina is 15.The pool is very nice but not cleaned as much as it should be.The entertainment was ok but not brilliant.The last week we was there people was getting some stuff on their balcony stolen but I never had any trouble would advise you stay there if u are in a group of families as would be to expensive to keep going to town or the Marina overall we had a good stay as the weather was lovely always in the 30s 1 last thing take jungle spray as there is a fields nearby I would give it a 3 out of 5 overall

• Stayed July 2011
Bourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

Stayed here with my other half for a week. Got the whole holiday for a good price, a week inc flights etc around £220, as a student, good price. On arrival, the room wasn't ready however we were shown to the bar area, and called back within the hour to get the keys for the apartment.
The room, extremely clean, beds creaked a lot, huge balcony with sun loungers and table and chairs. Not having a toaster or kettle was a bit annoying, so I would advise you take your own travel kettle and hire out a toaster.
The gardens where lovely, well looked after.
Both pools were very clean. Pool next to the bar catered more for families,and the pool down the bottom was quieter, my apartment (132) over looked this which was lovely.
Other reviews moaned that dogs barking was a problem, yes they could be heard but I became used to them.
The Bar. English style pub grub which was priced well and was always hot on arrival and very tasty. A pint of Tagus was 2 Euros which I think it really good! Evening entertainment was a giggle and my partner and I won the pub quiz on the last night.
It is a hefty walk back from the beach due to a huge hill, but the views were amazing. Walking there was around 30 minutes, baring in mind we stopped off to look in the shops on the way. If you have walking problems, get the shuttle bus from the apartments.
Supermarket near by sold everything we needed, baring in mind some items where expensive but thats expected in the current climate. There is a lovely restaurant next to the supermarket and further up towards Pine Hills entrance, there is a nice Italian which is next to a Chinese. there were other places to eat however we never got round to trying them all out.
We went on three trips which we booked through the apartments reception,. a trip to Gibraltar (bus journey extremely long), Lisbon (amazing trip) and Seville (very good). The list has a vast variety of trips to go on.
I enjoyed my stay at Vale de Carros. The weather was lovely, however a little too hot on the Saturday, staff are extremely helpful and friendly, food was plentiful and good value for money, and I would happily go again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

Well equiped studio appt situated in lovely well maintained gardens.
Quiet resort, but supermarket, cafes and restuarants close at hand. If you want a quiet relaxing holiday with a a pool and nice surroundings this is the place.
Albuferia is only about 20 mins away if you want crowds and pulsing music etc.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

Apartments are basic but clean and spacious. Added bonus, especially with children is having a proper bath!! The pool area and gardens are lovely and the bar is not overpriced. I was worried about the noise of dogs having read other reviews but I can honestly say I didn't hear one (we were in apartment 103 right near reception). I had also read about problems with mozzies but it was nothing a good spray of the place before going out in the evening didn't sort out. Noise does carry from the communal hallways but it didn't bother us and didn't wake out 4 and 1 years olds at all. All in all for the £143 that we paid for 5 nights we very very happy with the value for money.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
N.Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

Stayed at Vale De Carros Apartments end of June for 2 weeks with my husband ,10yr old son and 19month old daughter.One bed Apartment was ground floor,spacious and had almost everything you would need for a self catering break.we didnt miss having a toaster or microwave,managed fine without.Apartment had no aircon but we found it wasnt required as evenings were cool so fan was sufficient to keep mosquitos at bay.
Apartments had a good patio area,my sister and family were next door so we purchased a BBQ and used it a few evenings which was handy if the baby went to sleep early.The snack bar was fine and reasonably priced,there were about 7 restaurants within a 5-10 min walk from the complex,Falesia was particularly good with an amazing fish platter.
The Apartments ran a minibus to the beach most days,this had to be pre-booked the day before but was free.We only went to Falesia beach once but it was nice.Olhos D'Agua beach worth a visit,it is a more traditional beach and resort and was originally a fishing village.All in all a good holiday,very relaxing for Adults,good for younger kids,a little boring perhaps for older kids as not "all singing and dancing".

Room Tip: Rooms further away from main pool/snack bar quieter.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Stockport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

My Boyfriend and I stayed here for 10 days and had a brilliant time.

The Staff are great! Really helpful and friendly, and their English is fantastic. The Maids came in and cleaned the rooms most days.

We stayed in a Studio room which suited us perfectly. The balcony was absolutely massive, with a table and chairs and sunbeds, so if all the beds were ever taken at the pool you have the option of sunbathing on the balcony. Our bathroom again was huge! With a bath and shower that suited us as I like showers and my Boyfriend loves his baths! We didn't cook at all so I can't really comment on those facilities! There were only two hobs though, there wasn't an oven or anything. The beds were a bit rubbish, they were two single beds that we pushed together, but there was then a big gap in the middle and it felt like we were in a big cot as all the sides were raised, this also made me trip one night and bang my shin which wasn't pleasant. However it wasn't the end of the world and it was quite nice to have your own space on the hot nights. The rooms aren't air conditioned, but we hired a fan from Reception and this kept us cool enough, some nights I was actually cold!

The Supermarket was a five minute walk. It was very reasonable. A bottle of rose wine cost us 1 Euro 20, and it was really nice! Big bottles of beer were about 1 euro 60. Then we bought fresh bread from there everyday for our breakfasts and had it with jam and butter. Again, the Staff in there were really nice and helpful.

The food at the bar is really nice and really cheap, we had our lunch in there most days. It's typical english food; toasties, and burgers etc. They have a great selection of ice creams!

There are two pools. One is by the bar which is the busier pool and more of the kids pool really. All the sunbeds are screwed down which is a little annoying, but it's quite clever really as there are different amounts of sunbeds by each pool, therefore they have put less by the other pool making it a quieter pool. This is the one we stuck to, it was so peaceful.

Falesia Beach is a 20 minute walk, there is also a bus that runs from the Apartments, but we chose to walk. It is a gorgeous beach, lovely soft sand and the sea is lovely and clear. There is a bar there which is very reasonable, we had our lunch there everytime we went to the beach. The hiring of the sunbeds is quite expensive I thought, it was 6 euros per sun bed, but I guess worth it if you spend the whole day there, which we did.

We ate out every night so tried lots of Restaurants. Our number 1 was Hugo's Bar, and I really reccomend it. The meals are massive! My Boyfriends loves his steak and he said it was one of the best steaks he had ever had and it was huge! I also reccomend the Swordfish. It was really cheap as well. They have a dessert called chocolate heaven which is amazing! The cocktails are also great, especially Hugo's Cocktail. The Staff are really friendly too. I also reccomend Tania's, Logosteira, a Golfesque named one,the one next to Brothers Bar, and Sole Mia. Bar wise Brothers Bar was definately my favourite. The Lad that waited on the tables was lovely and made us any cocktails we wanted, even if they weren't on the menu. He made me a strawberry daquiri one night which was gorgeous!

We went to Villamoura one night, which is a 15 minute taxi from the Apartments. It's well worth going to, a lovely Marina, lots of amazing boats. We also went to Old Town one night too. It was good but not what I expected. I thought it was going to be really rustic Portugal, but it was full of loud bars and was really busy, was glad that I wasn't staying there. The market stalls were great though and the little shops, and we picked up some nice gifts and souveneirs. I also had a hair braid done along with all the 8 year olds :-)

We also went on a boat trip called 'Insonia'. It was amazing! It was a trip to see Dolphins and caves, and I haven't ever seen a Dolphin before so I was majorly excited! It was quite expensive (42 Euros each) and only a 2 hour trip, and when we got there we were told that seeing Dolphins was never 100%. We were extremely lucky though and saw a whole family! It was amazing!!!! There were so many. We spent about 45 minutes with them, watching them and following them, and then we went to see the caves which after the Dolphins was actually a bit boring. If we hadn't seen any Dolphins I would have been really annoyed, as 42 euros is a lot of money to go and see some caves.

It was a great holiday, and I would definately reccomend Vale De Carros.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Vale de Carros? Share your experiences!