“why the bad reviews” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Silchoro Apartments

You added Silchoro Apartments to your Saves list
Silchoro Apartments
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Praceta Jaime Cortesao Apartado 682, Albufeira 8200, Portugal   |
Ranked #81 of 162 Hotels in Albufeira
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
“why the bad reviews”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

me and my wife stayed here 8 8 13 to the 15 8 13 and i couldnt fault it , The staff were friendly the rooms clean the pool area well looked after the food nice ,what else do people want. in my oppinion a great place to stay and good value for money.

Room Tip: the studios only have two sofas as beds but you can pull them together if you want to.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Just back from a week in albufeira and really can't fault this hotel. For the price it was clean, spacious and well equipped. However it is not somewhere I'd recommend for families, this is no reflection on the hotel but rather on the resort itself. Old town is much more geared for families but even still after six in the evening it becomes insane. We had wanted a lively holiday so thought that the resort would be perfect for us and it was apart from the fact that it was just too expensive. Accommodation and flights may be cheap but you will pay for it in the long run. If we found a place with a vodka and lemonade for five fifty we counted our blessings and stayed there for the night. Yes, you're set if you drink beer, can get a decent pint for 2.50, we tried it but just couldn't stomach it.

Zoo marine is well worth a visit. We got tickets through an agent for 30e each and that included buses to and from the hotel. We weren't ready to leave at four so the people at the reception desk at zoo marine very kindly arranged for us to leave on the six o clock instead. You could easily do two days in this place.

The food in sil choro is dire. There's no other word for it. We got a fry one morning and the plate was literally swimming in oil. Got a BLT and had to assemble it myself. The pool itself is freezing. I read reviews and thought people were just being soft but really, you don't get used to the pool, you just go numb.

Overall a decent spot but be prepared to spend in taxis and alcohol.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We stayed here on the 25 th July to the 9 th August 2013 . This is the second time we have stayed here. Lovely friendly staff. Value for money. The apartments where at bit noisy this year . But may be because we went earlier this year. Apartments are a little dated but for the price . Stayed there withy partner James . And my 3 children James aged 17 my daughter Caitlin 15 and grant 12 years old. Was very busy this year. But had a great time.

• Stayed July 2013
Morecambe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I am currently staying here with my 2 year old daughter. It was the nearest and cheapest I could get to my parents at Choromar. Was a little apprehensive as its been reviewed as a stag hotel I have seen a lot of groups of lads here but I wouldnt have known had I not seen them on their balconies etc. I am staying in the extension to the side which is not in the main hotel. The apartment is spacious giving lots of room for my little one to play (nothing is remotely cramped which I find in some apartments). The pool area is just gorgeous. Theres plenty of grassed area incase you cant get a bed but I still managed to get beds at 11am. The kids pool is sectioned off so little ones arent tempted to join in at the big pool. The food at the bar is lovely although 6 € for a full english. The library is so useful. Ive been in there twice now and just grabbed copies of last weeks heat magazine or OK. Theres plenty of books and mens interest magazines too. This is all free of charge. The parrot show and reptile show I believe comes free one a week. Only watched the parrots so far. There is karaoke on at the bar every night but doesnt open till 9pm so I havent bothered yet but the coffee shop next to the pool is open all the time which really is a bar in effect just like youd find at any other hotel. Ive been here 5 days now and not a cockroach or anything unclean as yet. The little shop is great. Dont bother using ur luggage kilos up on inflatables as they are really cheap out here. I bought a kids boat for 4 €. The only downside ive found is that I dont think my small balcony has caught any sun yet or perhaps ive been out whilst it has. I really like this hotel and am a little shocked by negative reviews. I was never expecting luxury. I wanted practical, clean and comfortable and that's exactly what I got.

• Stayed August 2012
Drogheda, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We were a group of 5 professionals looking for a fun filled holiday. Before departing we read some poor reviews of the Silchoro but we were pleasantly surprised by our stay. The apartments are old fashioned and basic but very spacious and clean. There is no air con but the rooms are cool enough at night.

The staff are lovely and extremely helpful especially Francesco!

The apartments are noisy during the day and night but ideal for groups of lads and girls. There is plenty of craic to be had by the pool every day and the bar food is excellent for the price. It's just a short 10 minute walk to the strip which has everything you will need from restaurants, bars, shops and nightclubs. La Bamba, 2nd Bar and Cafe del Mar are the best places to go on the Strip.

Its not exactly the Ritz and I wouldn't recommend this place for couples or families with young children but if you're a group of girls or lads looking for a fun filled holiday then these apartments are ideal. We would definitely return next year.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

13 of us stayed here for my stag do in June, we had three rooms and two of those rooms had 5 people in. These rooms were more then big enough for 5 with 2 double rooms and 2 bathrooms as one had a en-suite, and then there was the lounge beds which were fine.

Great location only a short walk from the strip which is where we ended up coming back from most nights and a short taxi ride to the old town. Bar staff were lovely especially with some of the outfits I turned up and even played apart in stitching me up one night.

Overall basic accommodation but ideal for everything we needed, would stay here again for a long weekend.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays

York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

HOLIDAY FROM ABSOLUTE HELL!!
The hotel was called 'sil choro' in albufeira in Portugal. It was just awful. They put us in an outbuilding that wasn't connected to the main hotel but just next door and was open for anyone to go in free even at night and had no security and was near enough pitch black. When we got there the bath and toilet were stained and there was a cockroach. We asked to be swapped
and they wouldn't swap us but sent a maid ( this was after they took 100 euros off us for a deposit which wasn't said anywhere when making a booking) so the maid came and said the bath and toilet were just like that and couldn't be cleaned (in pigeon English I might add) and she couldn't see the cockroach so Hollie was led to believe she was seeing things. Next night the cockroach ran out in the dark and I had to kill it myself. Then after I was mugged they took everything, we finished with the police they wouldn't let us change rooms even though the hotel key was in my bag with the mugger. So the
So the next day they had the locks changed and had us pay 30 euros to change it even though all my money had been stolen and Hollie didn't have much left (we didn't take much for a 4 day holiday + after the 50 euro each deposit they took) so they took it from the deposit. Absolute joke. When we asked for some of the deposit back they said no. It was only because this lovely couple helped is out who saw the mugging by giving us 40 euros to help us.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Silchoro Apartments? Share your experiences!