“Don't believe the negative reviews!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mirachoro I Apartments

You added Mirachoro I Apartments to your Saves list
Mirachoro I Apartments
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rua Jose Afonso - Lote 124 | Montechoro, Albufeira 8200-351, Portugal   |
Ranked #103 of 162 Hotels in Albufeira
Dublin, Ireland
“Don't believe the negative reviews!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I booked here for my boyfriends 21st. And after booking a read all the horrible reviews and they almost scared me out of going. Well I'm very glad I did. The place is actually really brilliant. Its 3 minutes for the main strip. There's a free bus to the beach and old town.
Yeah okay, don't take the steps "short cut" because it isn't even any shorter (I don't count 40+ steps as any easier then a 3 minute ramble), and you wouldn't walk through a dark alley at home why do it abroad?
We saw absolutely no trouble, not an ounce. The security guard works all through the night and made me feel really secure. Yeah the oldtown is a bit better but its also a lot dearer for food and drink.
The staff are for the most part very friendly, they may seem slightly standoffish on your first few days, but they lighten up, and are helpful.
I paid 260€ for flights, transfers, luggage and accommodation, and its was without a doubt worth every penny. The room was clean and HUGE, the snack bar is tasty, there's a supermarket 1 minute away, as well as a great Irish bar Erins Isle, which no is not noisy enough to disrupt sleep.
Try it honestly.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Herne Bay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Stayed here for a week and I couldn't fault the hotel got free upgrade to bigger apartments which was nice of them I've read alot of reviews about this hotel about staff, location, cleanliness the staff where always friendly free bus ride to the beach and old town they even drove us to the strip when it was raining . The location was 5 min walk out the way and view not the best but it was quiet . The people moaning about walking up the 40 + steps and saying it was dark if you didn't like it walk round the block takes extra 1 Minute and lit never bothered us. For cleanliness it was always clean towels changed daily made the beds took the rubbish out I seriously cant fault the hotel for price we paid and service we got and I would stay again. Thanks Mirachoro for a pleasant stay

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Cairns, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I stayed here in October 2013 and paid around £80 for a weeks stay. So very cheap!!
The rooms were basic but free air con was included in the price which was a bonus. The only problem we had was with noise. That was because there were lots of dogs nearby which were always barking!!!
There is a snack bar on site but this closes at 5pm. There aren't really any shops nearby which makes it difficult when you want a drink after 5pm! Even a vending machine on site would have been appreciated.
The location of the hotel is about 5 minutes from the top of 'the strip' in the new town. However, we much preferred the old town as we felt it had a better vibe and appeared to be much busy with couples and groups of friends. If I was going to visit Albufeira again I would definitely stay nearer to old town. We paid around 12 euros each night in taxis getting to and from the old town.
Overall, the hotel is okay but personally the location could be better. But it is definitely worth staying here for a cheap break away!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Just spent a long weekend here and found the staff very friendly, 4 of us on a friends 21st bash, our room was clean and tidy on arrival, a maid came each day and there was a night receptionist 24 hours, so had easy access back as we rolled in at 4/5am. The swimming pool area was also clean and had no complaints about the pool itself. As for the surrounding area, though we used the short cut to the strip at all times of the day, i would not recommend it for everyone at night, very bad lighting if any and you also passed a noisy club, we had no problems though. We got a good deal on the price and I would stay there again as long as the price is right.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Myself and my other half went on our first holiday to these apartments.... We lasted one night here! We arrived to a disgusting filthy room... Stains all over the toilet seat and bath/shower.... Stains on the bed and mattress.. Presumably urine stains from a previous guest! Every time the toilet was flushed the smell of sewerage filled the apartment for at least 3 hours.and the "lock" on the door cud have been put through by a child! . Liturally stayed in the apartment for a couple of hours and then had to go to the pub and get drunk to be able to stomach sleeping in the place.. Fully clothed on top of the covers as the sheets were so dirty I wouldn't have given them to my dog to sleep on... Woke up and checked out straight away it cost us another 200 euro to get accom for the rest of the week and completely ruined our holiday! AVOID AVOID!!! Oh and location extremely unsafe in a run down and dark area!

• Stayed May 2013
Romford Essex
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We travelled as a family of 4, with our two children aged 7 & 20. Overall we had a lovely time in Albufeira. The apartments are clean and spacious, but are a little basic and could do with some modernising/decorating. (no cork screw, kitchen bin, door on the ice compartment in the fridge, cloth or liquid to wash glasses/plates and no cereal bowls) The information folder in the room says they provide soap and shampoo, however there wasn't any. It also said there were safes in each room but again not, so we used the safety deposit boxes in reception that cost 20 Euros a week. The beds in the main bedroom were very hard... and at some points the apartments are fairly noisy if you get the wrong neighbours (like we did for 4 nights) as the walls are paper thin and you can hear every word, slamming door, footstep etc. Also the local dogs do quite a lot of barking at all hours!!!. The staff were quite polite once they get to know you. The pool was OK and not as small as it looks and was cleaned every morning, but like in most places there are not enough sun loungers and not really enough space around the pool surround to put any more or even lie on a towel as the water splashes out of the pool and onto the surround, soaking everything. The apts are in a part of town which is run down with mostly shut down bars and restaurants, however it is just a short walk to the top of the strip where there are plenty of bars, restaurants and shops. We visited the old town a few times during our stay and the beaches there are great. We also went to the Marina in the old town for a 2 hour 'dolphin encounter boat ride' and water sports etc. My advise is to book in advance for boat trips, parasailing, jet boat etc from one of the many ticket shops on the strip or apts reception. Taxi's are really cheap and at reception they will phone a taxi for you for 50 cent. We visited 'Luso Aventura Parque' which is just 5 minutes taxi ride away. It is an adventure park in some woodlands where you do zip wires, rope bridges, obtacles walks from tree to tree. There are 4 levels of difficulty of which our 7 yr old was tall enough for 2 of them. It was a lot of fun but quite scary if you don't like heights...! The 'Segways' in the Marina are also good for all ages and a lot of fun. Overall we all had a good holiday and the weather was 30+ degrees for the 10 days we were there with not a cloud in the sky (bliss), however in the evenings it can get quite windy and so maybe take a cardy. We booked this place only a couple of weeks beforehand and the choice of places to stay was not great, but to be fair, for the price we paid for 10 days in peak August season I would say it was very good value for money.

Room Tip: All rooms overlook the pool so don't worry about that. Try and get the top floor (7th) as then y...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

20/07/2013
I have just come back from staying in these apts, the room was cleaned every day towels changed etc, staff were friendly and helpful, the pool was cleaned every day and could get a bed at It no problem , the apts are in a quite area but only a ten min walk from the strip, there is a parque across from the apts where there was bars and what looked like an unused public swimming pool but it looked like it was been renovated when I was there will take awhile but was still quite, would not walk through it at nite, we found a lovely bar called the Ancora half way down the strip where we ended up going every nite as the entertainment was good and the staff very friendly, there was a steakhouse above the bar served pork, beef, lamb, turkey etc with all the trims lovely and to the side of the bar was a pizza place all owned by the same person so if you want good food that's not expensive this is the place. All in all a great break

Room Tip: ask for a seaview on the seventh floor
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Mirachoro I Apartments? Share your experiences!