“Just what we wanted” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mirachoro I Apartments

Save Saved
You added Mirachoro I Apartments to your Saves list
Mirachoro I Apartments
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rua Jose Afonso - Lote 124 | Montechoro, Albufeira 8200-351, Portugal   |
Ranked #110 of 162 hotels in Albufeira
Glastonbury, United Kingdom
“Just what we wanted”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Just got back from these apartments with 7 friends and we loved this hotel, full of younger people aged 17-25 and the odd family which seemed a bit Orkward, would not recommend taking young children or older people as the hotel is fun and lively! Especially at night..... Maids cleaned rooms every other day and changed towels very good service overall great holiday would go back !

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

95 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

just got back from these apartments and like other people i was quite worried after reading the reviews and whilst i probably wouldn't go back to them they aren't as bad as some make out. it can be very noisey with teenagers but on the upside we had the pool to ourselves until about 2 or 3 in the afternoon because they were all in bed. they are clean and well maintained and while we were there they were putting in air con. for some top class food then go to o'buzio restaraunt on the left hand side as you walk down towards the strip , we went every night and everything was amazing. on the whole we had a great time and never let the noise spoil it do be aware of the park accross from the apartments , stay clear of it at night and take the 30 sec detour round it for your own safety

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

I'm just back from a 10 day holiday in Portugal and after reading the reviews before going I was quite nervous but I can assure ye that it is lovely accommodation. However I was with 3 girls (we are 19) and I wouldn't recommend it for families because it gets loud so its more suited for young people. It was very good value and the maids clean the room nearly every day. Father Ed's is no longer open and that area in front of the apartment is very run down and I would not recommend walking through there as a short cut. Taxis are cheap so its best to get a taxi home from the strip after a night out, its only 3 or 4 euro. Its situated at the top of the strip and literally a 5 minute walk to all the restaurants and 15 minutes to al the bars and clubs. The pool was handy as well because we thought the sea was too cold and it was never too crowded. Staff were friendly as well so we were all very happy with the accommodation. Its very spacious as well and fits 4 people comfortably. I hope this review was helpful because I was very nervous going here after reading such negative reviews! I would go back definently!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Birmingham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Myself & 7 friends have just returned from this hotel and whilst my expectations were reasonably low, it still failed to meet them!

We're 8 older (30-40) guys looking for a clean and pleasant base from which to have a good weekend away before one of us renews our wedding vows later in the year.

The first thing that hits you is the hotel seems to be set in the middle of Beirut, it's only 0.5 mile or so from the strip but you would definitely not feel comfortable returning to this hotel of an evening alone. A number of the local bars have been closed including the often mentioned Father Ed's over the road, even if it had been open I doubt we would have chanced it given the state of the place.

The hotel itself was fairly clean although the rooms were desperately in need of an update, the pool was small and I can imagine would have been very crowded in busier times but worst of all was the constant shouting / banging of doors / arguing that you were forced to endure through most of he night and, believe me, we had drank enough to drown out most things!

Albufeira itself was great, although if we were to go again we would go to the old town and leave the strip and The Mirachoro I Apartments well alone!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
seaham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Just returned from mirachoro 1 apts, rooms very big, cleaned 4 days out of 7 we were there, towels changed every time, beds made all times don't think the bedding was changed, towels were, pool area average size, but when it was windy lots of bits off trees in pool making it look dirty, it was cleaned every morning, but sometimes was a waste of time, apartments top of strip, plenty of good eating places, english kitchen for breakfast, good traditional english food, o poeta lovely piri piri chicken, plenty of nice places to eat never had a bad meal while we were there, We had a couple of nights out along the old town, good night out, We were very satisfied with our holiday and would go back straight away.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

Hotel rooms basic but clean and large. Courtesy bus very handy. Hotel close to top of strip. Father Ed's which was across the road was shut. Would recommend eating at Blue Sky which was just off the strip and English Kitchen for breakfast. Dont know if would stay at hotel again but for what we paid it was good value. Bedding wasnt changed in our 5 night stayb but towels changed regularly.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

stayed for 5 days, with 7 friends aged 35 to 56, found hotel clean, spacious and very helpfull staff. pool area quite small but no problems getting a sunbed even mid-afternoon, rooms basic, but clean very large rooms, kettle, toaster, microwave brand new. heard stories about muggers alley, but never seen any trouble, road quite busy up till 2am, but would recommend paying 3euro in a taxi to get back from "strip" after this time. great hotel bar to start the night and found all british guests got on very well.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 301, 302 and 303 right next to pool, spot on