Where to start? If you want a hotel within a stone's throw of the Old or New Towns, C de M is not for you. If you want a hotel which is quiet, has excellent facilities, friendly and helpful staff, good food and high quality and clean accommodation, look no further. The hotel is a flat/downhill walk of 10-15 minutes from the main square, although there are some closer bars and restaurants of good quality nearer. The flat/steeply uphill journey back from town is manageable by anyone halfway fit or costs 5-6 euros in a taxi from the square.
SD box v. reasonable, free aircon and TV. Rooms reasonably spacious and well-equipped/furnished/decorated. Ditto bathroom. Hotel is quiet (although nearly full) and during our two week stay 26/6/ to 10/7, no children at all staying there.
Maid service wonderful. Milena is fluent in 5 languages and gets by in another six or seven - definitely a first for us!! We stayed B&B - best range of hot and cold food for brekky we have had anywhere. Also, pre-book by midday for evening meal and get 3 course dinner for 11 euros - definitely good value for money and menu changes daily. V. reasonable snack lunch menu between 12.30-1.30pm.
Bar prices reasonable for hotel but some items either over- or under-priced. Roundabouts and swings!!
Pool area clean and well-appointed with enough decent sunbeds for the number of rooms although likely to be a little busy in peak season. Also nice shaded "chill-out" area with jacuzzi. Sauna and massage facilities bookable. Also small selection of proper gym equipment free to use for those who just don't stop even for holidays!
Staff excellent from Carol on Reception to Melina, Ana and Inga who double up on cleaning, catering and waitressing duties to some extent or other. Any other staff not mentioned by name also do a great job but these four are those with whom we had the bulk of our contact.
If you are being picked up very early on your last day (like we were), breakfast items can be provided the night before and kept in the mini-bar fridge in your room overnight.
The whole experience was a joy and we really cannot think of any suggestions we could have made to improve our stay. We can honestly say that this was the best 3 star hotel we have ever stayed in and cannot recommend it too highly.
Finally, the hotel is covered by Laura, the Thomson resort advisor (reps, they used to call them). She was there at least once daily except for one day each week when she was supporting colleagues elsewhere. Although quite young, she is very mature, professional and knowledgeable. She will do anything within her powers to ensure that you are well-informed and that any problems are solved promptly. She and the hotel deserve each other, in the nicest possible way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a landscaped garden, this hotel overlooks Albufeira’s new marina and offers elegantly decorated rooms with balconies. Only 700 metres from the beach, it features an outdoor pool and free Wi-Fi.Cerro Da Marina Hotel’s air-conditioned rooms are decorated in neutral colours. Each room overlooks the garden or the pool, and has a flat-screen satellite TV and a minibar.Guests can start their day with a breakfast buffet. The hotel’s restaurant opens to the pool area and serves international cuisine and Mediterranean dishes. Special diet menus are also available.The nearest golf course is 4 km away, and close to the hotel there are water parks and zoo parks. The Main Church of Albufeira and the Fisherman's Beach Albufeira are only 700 metres away.Faro Airport is 27 km away, and the hotel offers free public parking on site. A car rental service is also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Cerro da Marina Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cerro Da Marina Hotel Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve
- Cerro Da Marina Albufeira