The first thing that should be clear about this hotel is that, essentially, it is an annexe to its larger sister establishment down the road. This is a lovely hotel which has large, well appointed, clean rooms; a lovely garden with a small but pleasant pool and overall it is quiet and peaceful. However, as it is a smallish hotel, as I said earlier, it isn't staffed for much of the day. It doesn't have a proper bar and this detracts from the ambience. Drinks and a few snacks are available relying on an honesty box which is a refreshing change where guests are trusted. However, the choice is limited.
When reception is open, the staff are very helpful (Carole in particular) and help is a phone call away from the main hotel out of hours, if necessary..
We didn't sample the dinners but these are brought up from down the road. Courses need to be ordered ahead. Not ideal. Breakfasts were fairly standard but lacked variety of cooked food.
The position of the hotel is very good, being in a very attractive residential suburb at the top of a hill, behind the old town and marina. We enjoyed the walks to and from the town but it wouldn't suit less active individuals. Albufeira itself has something for everyone and, if you don't like the more brash attractions, there are lovely bars and restaurants in quieter spots. It is centrally placed in the Algarve and we used local buses which are frequent and cheap for travelling further afield.
If the hotel had a staffed bar and a little more going on then it might have attracted another star. We didn't use the available amenities down the road but they are an added facility for guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a landscaped garden, this hotel overlooks Albufeira’s new marina and offers elegantly decorated rooms with balconies. Only 700 metres from the beach, it features an outdoor pool and free Wi-Fi.Cerro Da Marina Hotel’s air-conditioned rooms are decorated in neutral colours. Each room overlooks the garden or the pool, and has a flat-screen satellite TV and a minibar.Guests can start their day with a breakfast buffet. The hotel’s restaurant opens to the pool area and serves international cuisine and Mediterranean dishes. Special diet menus are also available.The nearest golf course is 4 km away, and close to the hotel there are water parks and zoo parks. The Main Church of Albufeira and the Fisherman's Beach Albufeira are only 700 metres away.Faro Airport is 27 km away, and the hotel offers free public parking on site. A car rental service is also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Despegar.com, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Cerro da Marina Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cerro Da Marina Hotel Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve
- Cerro Da Marina Albufeira