We spent 1 week at the Alfagar apartments from 16th September 2013. Myself, daughter (aged 3) and mam stayed in a sea view 2 bedroom apartment.
We arrived at the hotel at 12.30pm, the reception staff were very helpful but advised that our room was not ready. We were able to store our cases in the luggage room and were told to check back in 1 hour. We headed out for some lunch and checked back at 1.30pm and our room was ready. We hopped in the mini bus and were given a lift to our room.
The apartment was very spacious and clean. We were very comfortable here for the week.
Like other reviews state the beds are rock hard! I did get used to them by the end of the week but it is like sleeping on concrete.
We paid extra for a sea view but due to the trees it was a very limited view.
Across the road from our apartment was the resoirt shop. I felt this was so handy and mostly not overpriced. If you are sensible and buy local produce the prices are reasonable. If you want imported goods, e.g 'Skippy' peanut butter then expect to pay 5 euros a tub. We loved the fresh break rolls at a bargain 20 cents each and the tasty pastries were lovely!
We ate in the buffet restaurant once but didnt find it good value for money. At 17.50 euros per person I didnt think it offered a great deal of choice. The childrens selection was ok and my daughter managed to find plenty to eat.
The real treat was eating at the restaurant in the Alfagar village. After reading reviews I was expecting to pay a fortune but it was very reasonable. I paid 12 euros for my salmon main course which I was more than happy with. The waiting staff were great and really made a fuss of my 3 year old daughter, Diego was particularly helpful and friendly.
We had morning coffees at the snack bar in the Alfagar village nearly everyday. This is nicely placed next to one of the childrens play areas and also provides free wifi.
The walk down to the beach was not a problem for us but not suitable for buggies. There is quite a big step at the bottom which maybe a challenge for the less mobile.
We loved the pools on site in particular the pool with waterslides. I did think that the pool was starting to look a bit shabby and could do with some attention. Some of the paint was peeling off the floor of the pool and there was black marks around the water level. Maybe this was just because it was the end of the seaon and it was so well used.
We had no problems with getting sunloungers at any point of our hoiliday.
I would return to the Alfagar if it was in a better location. We found it was quite a walk to the strip and when we got there it wasn't really our type of resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Occupying a cliff-top location with panoramic views of the Atlantic Ocean, Alfagar Resort offers direct access to Santa Eulalia Beach, and a shuttle service to Albufeira 5 km away. All of the Alfagar Apartments have a private balcony with ocean or garden views. In addition, every apartment offers kitchenette facilities and a separate dining area. Guests of the Alfagar Resort can dine in the restaurant, which serves an international menu throughout the day. There is also a pool bar serving drink and snacks, and a mini-market for self-catering supplies. Enjoy swimming in one of the pools or sunbathing in the garden. Children have their own pool and an exciting adventure playground. The nearest golf course is 9 km away. Alfagar Resort is a 5-minute drive from the lively shopping streets of Areias de Sao Joao. Faro Airport is 33 km away and on-site car parking is free. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Alfagar Aldeamento Turistico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alfagar Village - Alfagar Aldeamanto Turistico Hotel Albufeira
- Alfagar Apartments Hotel Albufeira
- Alfagar Apartments Albufeira
- Alfagar Aldeamento Turistico Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve