Just back from Auramar having spent Xmas and New Year there.
As others have said hotel location is good being on the beach
front with easy access to the old town. Rooms are spacious
enough and clean , but then we come to the kitchen !
In the two weeks that we were there we had our evening meal in
the hotel only three times the food was so bad! It was cold ,
bland ,mostly swimming in oil ,mainly inedible. The so called
Gala Meal at Christmas was an absolute disgrace. The staff
could not cope with the numbers sitting down to the meal.Firstly
we were presented with a soggy prawn cocktail then green pea
soup!( always a Xmas delight) ,one and a half hours later the main course arrived. I didn,t eat it as ididn,t know what it was supposed to be.By this time we decided to leave along with others.The restaurant manager was informed by many guests
of their opinion of this shambles but his reply was to say that he did not cook or serve the food ( nuff said about his attitude )
This hotel is extremely lucky to have three stars ,but it could be
good if the got in a restaurant manager who could do his job
and employed chefs who could actually cook! If you do decide
to stay at this hotel only do so on a bed and breakfast basis.
Stay away from HB and AI as there are lots of good places to
eat 10 to 15 mins. away.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Auramar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auramar Beach Hotel Albufeira
- Aparthotel Auramar Albufeira
- Aparthotel Auramar Hotel Albufeira
- Auramar Beach Resort Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve