We saw the Auramar advertised on TravelZoo by QWERTY travel at £114 for a week B&B.
We actually paid a little bit more because that price does not include Easyjet's luggage charges and we switched to more convenient flights but even with a small single supplement for our daughter it still worked out as a very cheap break..
Because we didn't pay much and weren't expecting 5* luxury we were happy with our holiday.
Although the remainder may sound quite negative it is because there are quite a lot of fairly minor problems - nothing that spoilt the enjoyment of our holiday.
- We were given an end room (B316) that had a separate living room area and a huge balcony
- The views are magnificent, (some lower floor rooms would be blocked by other buildings so it is best to ask for a high floor)
- Room was comfortably furnished with plenty of spare blankets
- Room had refrigerator, a hot plate and plates and cups, good for snacks but not enough for a meal.
- Indoor pool although small was warm and not crowded.
- Hotel has large car park (many have no guest parking)
- On checking in they didn't give us the correct card to operate the room lights and it took about an hour to sort out (we arrived late evening so needed the lights)
- Our adult daughter was assigned a poor ground floor room in a different block although adjacent room had been requested. She was moved to a good room a few doors away the next day.
- Window frames leaked in rain (it rained a lot!). Maid had positioned towels to catch the water
-Lifts are very small and could only accommodate standard wheelchair after footrests had been removed, companion had to take stairs and meet lift
-Getting to Restaurant involved two lifts and long detour, there are then ramps down to outdoor pool and pool bar but we only tried once.
- Limited choice of food at breakfast and little variation. Glad we weren't of All inclusive
- The lobby does smell but not that badly
- We hadn't asked for a wheelchair accessible room, (not sure if the have them) normally that isn't a problem to us since my wife doesn't use chair in room. but it was quite difficult to get chair into room because kitchen unit prevented door opening fully.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Auramar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auramar Beach Hotel Albufeira
- Aparthotel Auramar Albufeira
- Aparthotel Auramar Hotel Albufeira
- Auramar Beach Resort Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve