“Great value for money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Auramar Beach Resort

You added Auramar Beach Resort to your Saves list
Auramar Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Praia dos Aveiros - Areias de S Joao, Albufeira 8200, Portugal   |
Ranked #91 of 162 Hotels in Albufeira
Letterkenny, Ireland
“Great value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Stayed here on a 5 day trip with my Mam. Got a cheap deal online. Staff where very friendly and helpful. Apartment had all mod-cons needed and was nice and clean. We ate in the restaurant a few times, nice variety to chose from with a local dish on offer each night. I would recommend going in early because the food can be cold if you go in late on at night. Good selection available for breakfast each morning as well, it would been nice to have cold milk instead of the warm stuff in the containers. The music in the bar each evening was a bit disappointing, the guy seemed to have instrumental music playing all the time and played the keyboard a bit as well, it would have been nice to have something different to get the guests going. We went to the activities in the evenings which were enjoyable. We got the free bus into old town Albuferia which leaves the hotel a few times a day and had a browse round the shops. We ate in a lovely wee Portuguese restaurant with really nice staff. We booked a trip to the market with a local bus company. It cost us 14e return and we got to stop at the marina and have a walk around on the way back. Overall we had a very enjoyable stay, would definitely return with my family as the hotel has everything you need to entertain a family. Only thing I didn't like was that there was only WIFI available in the lobby.

• Stayed January 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (575)
  • Polish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

stayed here twice, once with 11 girlfriends and once with my husband. What can I say, you get what you pay for!!!!! Nice enough hotel but if you want 5 star accomodation, then pay for 5 star accomodation. The rooms are small but clean (although if you book a 3 person room and are lucky enough to get overlooking the pool, the terrace/balcony you get is amazing. Pools are lovely and view overlooking the beach is lovely too. About a 20 minute trek down the beach to the old town which is well worth the visit. Lovely beach, shops, cafes and bars (good nightlife too if you're bored/too old for the strip. The strip is about 10 minutes walk but we only did that once (cobbles are hell to walk on in high heels) taxi cost about 3 pound or so. Food is average and service is good....go easy on the coctails (way stronger than england but very nice) evening entertainment is ok if you're easily pleased!!!!! all in all a nice budget hotel. and i'd go again.

Room Tip: triple room overlooking the pools are massive and have a huge balcony
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Leeds, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

It's a long story as to how we ended up at the Auramar but we didn't stay for long and checked into another hotel in the old town after 1 day.
From the exterior the hotel looks good and was probably, once, the jewel in the crown of the Albufeira coast - but sadly no more.
One arrival we were shown our room which was on the ground floor in D block near the crazy golf. The room, although it had good facilities ( fridge, cooking rings etc) looked really tired and there wasn't much of a view. I went to see reception and they gave us another room in C block. The room was slightly better, but also shabby and although it wasn't dirty, the chipped tiles and worn wooden furniture made it feel grubby.
We went for a walk to the bar, but the size of the complex meant this took ages! We seemed to be walking up flight after flight of steps and there were numerous corridors. It felt as the hotel had been badly planned in terms of access, probably because I suspect that some of the blocks were added later than the original build.
On arrival at the bar I was really disappointed. The room was bright and lacked any atmosphere. Whilst the new orange and green chairs were fine, the upholstery on the older furniture was badly stained and I really didn't want to sit on it. We ordered 2 beers at the bar and were immediately asked for our all-inclusive wristbands (which we didn't have as we were only staying B&B|). We were then given our beer in plastic cups. The bar staff were curt and unfriendly and the room was full of a loud crowd who were obviously making the most of their all-inclusive drink-as-much-as-you-can weekend minibreak.
We left after one beer and got a a taxi to the old town which cost £7.50, a bit of a rip-off I think. The old town was good and we returned back at about 11pm. When we entered the room I could hear some bizarre groaning coming from the next room. I hoped it would stop but then it became apparent that the man next door had some kind of sleep disorder and the groaning started and stopped every 15 minutes. It kept me awake all night as the walls were so thin I felt as if he was in the same bed ! As we'd already changed rooms once I didn't feel we could ask again.
The breakfast was the final straw really. The eggs and hotdog sausages had a funny metallic taste and I just couldn't eat them. The orange juice was like cheap cordial and the hot drinks machine kept spitting coffee into my hot water, so having a cup of tea was impossible. When I told the man at the desk he said it wasn't his problem and that I should tell a waiter. I was so disappointed I was actually considering eating the famous breakfast chips, just to try and make myself feel a bit better ! As we had a car we took a drive into the old town and found another hotel for the rest of the week. When we left, the girl at reception seemed surprised and asked why we were leaving. 'We don't like the hotel' I said. Needless to say she had no reply to that. We didn't ask for a refund as we paid very little for the week and the hotel is obviously fine for some people. My advice would be that if you're coming for a week or more and have a little more budget to choose a better hotel. It will be money well spent. For a long weekend away, if the weather is good then this hotel will probably do, particularly if you are a bit of a boozer, aren't fussy about food and oh, you're a heavy sleeper!

Room Tip: Apparently B block is the best.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Well where do I start.. very old fashioned the rooms were "cleaned" daily.. what I mean by "cleaned" just neatened up.. just been there for a week an not once was our sheets changed.. a normal door with mirrowed windows separated us from the guests next door, couldnt laugh without being moaned at.. could hear the man next door snooring its that bad.. opened the balcony door whilst having the bathroom door open an the ceiling in the bathroom shot up an nearly fell down (metal slats), now the food.. same thing day in day out.. chips rice spag bol burgers cheese ham.. got very boring an only so much sloppy food you can eat.. the entertainment was TERRIBLE! Same man on a keyboard playing song from 1980's every nighy all night.. so glad to b out of there! Older people may like it but for me an my partner of 33 was very bored of the same routine they had goin on there like a record going around an around.. cant borrow anything always have to leave a deposit an then have to virtually argue to get the money back.. very expensive holiday wouldnt recommend to anyoen really.. only good place In the whole holiday was paddys bar an sizzling stone at the end of the strip.. would recommend them places but not the hotel!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

OK. Let's start by saying that I always try to be objective in my reviews.I will say what I think and let others make up their own mind.
The star rating in my opinion is correct as a 3. The hotel could do with a little updating but it is very clean and is in no way 'dirty' or 'dreadful' as has been suggested by other reviewers. My wife and I were all inclusive and the choice of food at every meal time was excellent. Yes it's true, chips are available with every meal but you are not FORCED to have them!
Breakfast in the main restaurant is self service and provides good, hot food such as bacon or frankfurter sausages, scrambled or fried or boiled eggs, beans, mushrooms and fresh fruits, cold meats and cheese, juices, cereals,bread rolls, toast, pastries,yoghurt, tea and coffee. More than enough choice most people will agree but not everyone is satisfied!
Lunch at the pool bar is a large self service restaurant and yes, you will find chips alongside loads of rice dishes,several other vegetable choices of carrots, beans and potatoes,also burgers, mashed potatoes, pasta dishes, fish dishes, different meat dishes and a very good choice of fresh salads.Soups are also available. Local beer (Sagres) and wines and spirits are available here along with tea, coffee, free mineral water (even for those not on all inclusive) or a simple cola or lemonade or fruit juice. More than enough choice, even for vegetarians with the array of salads and pasta variations available.
Dinner is in the main restaurant and again is self service. Similar food available as lunch time at the pool bar restaurant but with more choices, particularly with regard to meat variations, such as stews of lamb, chicken, pork and beef, ribs, battered pork steaks, burgers, fried chicken etc. Loads of rice dishes and pasta dishes and fish dishes, fresh vegetables, fruit, different desserts ranging from pastries to cakes and jellies and ice creams. Cold meats and cheese are available along with the local beer, wine, shorts and juices etc. You know what? Chips are even available if you would like them!
The staff are very friendly, always smiling and very approachable. They all seem to enjoy their jobs and certainly in the restaurant they talk to everyone including each other softly and always with a smile and a cheery attitude. They are very efficient.
The weather was very indifferent during our week here, rained for 3 days, sunny for 3 days and 1 was grey and cloudy. We heard on our way home that it was the wettest it has been in the Algarve for 10 years! .
The only poor behaviour seen by me on 2 occasions in the restaurant, by Brits on stag do's was dealt with swiftly and efficiently by staff who quietly reminded them they were in a restaurant and not everyone wanted to hear their bad language. Suitably embarrassed, they stopped.
If you are expecting a 5 star hotel and personally served food and wine ordered from an extensive menu, don't go. If however you would like a good holiday in a great location with good food, clean accommodation, outdoor and indoor pools, onsite shop selling basics and friendly staff, take a chance on the weather and book it.
Hair-dryers are available at reception for a 20 Euro deposit, refunded when you return it to reception. Your electronic room key is subject to a 10 Euro deposit, again refundable on safe return to reception.
Our room was huge, with 2 separate balconies one with a sea view.The beds were clean, comfortable, singles (3 of them). The only issue was the room was a little cold due to it's size and the poor weather. I asked at reception if there was a supplementary heater I could use.The helpful attendant told me to use the air conditioning system and after a few trial and error sessions we managed to take the chill off and get warmer.
The shower which looked pretty old, worked very well and it produced constant hot water. Maid service was every day at differing times
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Auramar Beach Resort, although I personally thought that a week was just right for us. But that is my opinion! We spoke to people there who had booked and were mid way through the special offers of 6 weeks all inclusive and then 2 weeks half board! Can't be that bad then can it?

Halifax, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

Just got back home, we were chuffed with the weather quite a few sunny days. We met some amazing people and had plenty of laughs. Good variety of ages. Great food and a good choice of local drinks free on the all inclusive. I would go again and i would defo recommend.

Room Tip: We were in room C306, great views but to close to the door and lift
Widnes
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

2 mature couples (50 - 54) stayed 1 - 3 Feb 2014.
Staff were very nice especially the lady on reception, she was very helpful.
The hotel needs refurbishing but is in a very good spot, 20 minute walk along the beach to Albufeira and 10 minute walk to the strip in Praia de Oura. The food was not very hot but there was a microwave to heat it up if you wanted it hotter and there was plenty to choose from. Drinks were great, all in small plastic beakers but good quality, beds were comfortable with plenty of pillows and blankets and there was a good heater if needed.
It's not really suitable for people with walking difficulties as there are lots of steps but the main pool area was lovely.
We would stay there again for a couple of days break.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Albufeira
Monica Isabel Beach Club
Varandas de Albufeira
Varandas de Albufeira
#119 of 162 in Albufeira
3.0 of 5 stars 527 reviews

Been to Auramar Beach Resort? Share your experiences!