“Excellent value for money, a great find.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Auramar Beach Resort

You added Auramar Beach Resort to your Saves list
Auramar Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Praia dos Aveiros - Areias de S Joao, Albufeira 8200, Portugal   |
Ranked #92 of 163 Hotels in Albufeira
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Excellent value for money, a great find.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

We stayed for a week all inclusive in mid October - and were also lucky to great a great out of season deal where it came in around £260 p/p for the week.

The hotel itself is in a perfect location, right on the beach and walking distance to bars, shops and restaurants. We took advantage of the all inclusive drinks and have no complaints in that area! The bar staff were just lovely and a small tip at the start of the holiday meant that they never limited how many drinks we got when we went up. The drinks servings were also very generous, I cant understand the people that said things were watered down - especially when they fill the glasses nearly to the top with rum!

Our rooms were great, tiled floor, clean comfy beds and clean bathroom. Our balcony overlooked the beach and was great for evenings playing cards. We also had a fridge in our room which was a great surprise! The only thing the rooms didnt have was a hairdryer, but i paid a deposit at reception and got one for the week so it wasnt a problem.

The food was fine for what we paid, always something to eat and we had no stomach complaints despite eating a bit of everything. The staff in the restaurant were lovely too. rushed straight over when we sat down to take our drinks orders and were very friendly. We did however have a few meals out, but when the holidays that cheap it's not an issue.

All in all I would definitely return in a heartbeat and am already trying to convince more friends to go next year.

Pros:
- great location
- pool area was clean, big and plenty of sunbeds
- bar staff were amazing!

Con(s):
- there was a weird smell in reception - kind of like baby powder and damp but we only needed to pass through.

Tips:
Ask for sangria in the restaurant - its much nicer than at the bar.
There's also more than one pool but we only found it on the second to last day!

We stayed in room D108 and it was close to the pool yet quiet at night.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (530)
  • Polish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Stayed here for four days. Rooms a bit dated but very clean. Hotel reception upon checking in I found very friendly and helpful. Meals where ok always found something to do you. About the sickness we where fine. Was shocked to see how many women NOT washing there hands aftr using the toilet. You get what you pay for. Overall I had a good time and yes I would go back again

• Stayed November 2013
Uithuizen, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Stayed here for four nights, in a double room for single occupation. Had a nice holiday and treated well by the staff of this hotel. Just what you expect from a three star hotel. This hotel offers all-inclusive, half board, bed-breakfast or only bed. I opted for the breakfast option. Breakfast is served in a restaurant with a magnificent view on the beach and sea. Sorry for me was the fact that is was raining all of the days. So I could not enjoy the sitting area outside. My room was nice and clean. Just a standard room with everything you need for a holiday. The bed was comfortable and like any portuguese bed hard.-) But I like hard beds. Overall conclusion is that this hotel is fine.

Room Tip: Ask for a beachfront room
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed for a week 9th-15th Nov. room was clean, staff very friendly and helpful. Great location balcony with a slightly restricted but nice sea view (block D r211) There was a free shuttle to the old town. we stayed Bed and Breakfast. This of course was low season so it was fairly peaceful, we had a really good break and would return.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

My friend and I have just spent 2 weeks at this hotel 3/11 to17/11/13 and we found all the staff very friendly indeed in every department. We had 2 rooms in D block 321 & 322 with balconies over looking the beach, we had no complaints about the rooms the beds were comfortable, cleaned and towels changed every day and bedding changed every third day or more often if needed. We had a fridge , a kettle, and my friend also had a microwave in her room, not that we needed it but it was nice to be able to make tea in the morning, and have cold bottled drinking water in the fridge.If you take your tea bags you can buy bottled water in the hotel shop or less than half price at the local shops. The indoor pool was like getting into a sauna it was lovely not very big but just fine, the outdoor pool was very cold but that was to be expected at this time of the year, There is one thing we would like to change if it was possible and that is the food in the pool restaurant needs to be covered more as there are flies around and this is causing problems with sickness with the guests. I myself had a bad bout of it for 24hrs. I must admit the staff are very concerned if told and they ring the room to enquire and sent up a tray of chicken soup and 2 bananas and camomile tea which helped. We were all inclusive which I don't think we would again we would just have 1/2 board as the food in the mornings were good and plenty of choice and the evening meal was fine considering they have to cater for different nationalities.
We loved the area a few minutes walk to the strip and a lovely walk along the sandy beach to Albufeira old town taking about 20 mins. There is also a free bus twice a day from the hotel to the town and return later. I would stress that if you are disabled or have trouble with your legs there are lots of steps and I mean lots and quite a hard walk down to the beach which also included many steps so this hotel isn't really suitable, we were never told about the steps and there was nothing in the brochure about them. Overall we enjoyed our holiday and would go back again especially to that area of Portugal

Room Tip: D Block if possible 3rd or 4th floor end rooms seem to be larger
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

rooms are clean and tidy, as is the rest of the hotel
pool is good although cold during the winter months, indoor pool best!
some of the facilities are a bit shaby, however not off putting

food is cafeteria style and basic, DO NOT EAT THE PAELLA, had the runs the last few days, even eating it I knew it was wrong, and no I didn't have ten pints of beer after it
its common sense that I ignored to my peril

overall the experience was a good one for a cheap away weekend in the sun

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Algarve
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

We had a lovely short vacation in this hotel. Our balcony looked right on the beach, the beds were comfortable. The hotel is quite old and run down, but for the price it was well worth it. This was the second time we stayed here, and will gladly return.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Been to Auramar Beach Resort? Share your experiences!