“If you want to go on a "Hen or Stag Do" then this is the place for you” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Auramar Beach Resort

You added Auramar Beach Resort to your Saves list
Auramar Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Praia dos Aveiros - Areias de S Joao, Albufeira 8200, Portugal   |
Ranked #97 of 162 Hotels in Albufeira
Oxford, United Kingdom
“If you want to go on a "Hen or Stag Do" then this is the place for you”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

My friend and I wanted a week by the pool relazing, this is not what we got. The pool was full of drunken Hen and Stag parties acting very drunk and very loud all day. At night the town was a riot with the same people. Staff very very miserable. I wouldn't even put a bottle of water in the room fridge let alone any food! As a frequent traveler I have never found course for complain a about hotel before. NOT a family hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (473)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

They were fine at reception because we greeted them with a smile and let them get on with checking us in...we ended up with a fab front line view room clean tidy,small fridge and perfect to sleep in ...what more do you need!! i didnt come here to stay in the room all day!! perfect pool area gorgeous views... down the steps to the side of the hotel and onto the beach..up the road and into new town...perfect!!! Breakfast was the usual nothing great but hey included so a nice start to the day...bit of juice some bacon and eggs cup of coffee and get on with your holiday....dont go there if you dont like stairs....for what we paid on a great deal out of season well worth it and it was quite busy.....i dont understand what all the moaning is about...its three star thats what you get if you want more go elsewhere...so that the people who like it for what it is can stay here....

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Swansea, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

We went as a family of 4, my husband and I with our two adult children 24 and 21. I have never felt the need to write a review before, but this hotel was the worse hotel I have ever stayed in. I am quite an easy going person, so that's why I feel the need to write about this hotel. I read the reviews on this hotel before going, as I have on other hotels and thought the hotels are never as bad as the review's. BUT THIS ONE IS. When they say it's dated it is very dated the rooms are awful and smell. The pool is nice but very cold but that was ok, but the little paddle pool surrounding the large pool OMG that was horrendous it was absolutely stinking. The sun beds were dirty where drink had been spilt on them and not cleaned. The food (breakfast and evening meal) was ok, the meal in the afternoon was awful the only way I can describe it is "a canteen at school". The service was awful; from the receptionists to the cleaners I don’t think one of them smiled.
You go away to feel spoilt, but I have to say I definitely did not feel spoilt in fact I couldn’t wait to come home. We only went for 5 nights thank heavens.
The only nice thing about the hotel was the beach, which ironically has nothing to do with the hotel. If you come out of the hotel and go either left of right the both beaches are lovely very very clean, but the cliffs on coming out of the hotel are very dangerous.
My advice for people with small children, this hotel is not for small children, it really doesn’t cater for them.
The only other advice I can give you is, if you don’t like very drunk people on pool side, loud, swearing and people walking in to the pool with food and drink – DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL!!!!!

Room Tip: Do not book a room.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

Hi,

Me and my 3 friends stayed here for 3 nights, 4 days.... we were expecting all kinds after reading all the bad reviews !! The staff on reception were lovely !! They helped us out and were very friendly !! I cant understand why people are giving bad feedback on the reception staff... they were nothing but lovely to us every day !!
The rooms were clean and clean towells were provided everyday... yes the furniture was a bit dated but how long do people stay in the room for ?? The sea views were amazing !! We met some people over there who came back to our room to get ready one day and they couldnt believe how good our view was and how nice our hotel was compared to theirs !!!
We were bed and breakfast and the breakfast was ok... all the normal hotel buffet food.. bacon, eggs, beans, sausage, tomoatos, chips and garlic bread too !! ha !! then all your usual ham, cheese etc... something for everyone !!
The pool was clean and all the surrounding areas of the pool were lovely and clean.... we were going to go in the pool but it was FREEZING !!! We put out toes in and decided against it !!!
There is a bit of walking up and down hills to the beach so anyone with walking difficulties may find it hard.... when you go out the hotel to the beach,,, to the right is the main beach where it is 5 euros for a bed for the day.... my complaint aboutb this beach was the sand.... it wasnt normal nice sand, it was full of broken shells and i couldnt walk on it !! However... if you come out the hotel and take as left, there is a walk to a private beach which is gorgeous and it is 7 euro for a bed for the day but its lovely sand and lovely water too !
The hotel is also handy to go to the strip.... all the bars and restaurants... it was very lively and we had a ball... we are all aged 29 and 30 so had a real good time, there were lots of hen and stag do's on the strip so older people might not like it so much.

I would be happy to return to this hotel, we had a good experience there !! I think a lot of people moan over the littlest things that really dont matter.. like furniture and smells in reception ?? Who cares what the receptoion smells like, you dont sleep in there !!!
We were made to feel very welcome and had a fab girls holiday !! Weather was lovely too !! Take no notice of bad reviews.... we paid £154.00 each for 3 nights b&b including flights and couldnt have asked for more..... if you want 5*.. go to a 5* hotel... id say this is a very good 3* hotel !!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

After looking at the review on the hotel prior to me going to the Auramar i was to say the least a little anxious but upon arrival i was shocked at how wrong the negative reviews actually were. We all had a fantastic time, so much to do in the hotel alone. The pool was lovely, the rooms were clean, reception staff were caring and considerate especially when i ended up in hospital after going on rocket ride (anyone with back conditions PLEASE AVOID) i now have a fractured spine and pelvis.
the only things i didnt like the hotel for was the lack of imagination on the food side of things. also this hotel should be a no go zone for anyone who is disabled there are too many stairs.
overall a great holiday had by all of us and i am very looking forward to going again someday.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Glasgow
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

I have to say that I never had any problems with any of the staff on reception. We were allocated 2 rooms on different floors on arrival and I explained that we needed 2 on the same floor we and were given these without any problems. My parents had a room with 3 beds in it and had lovely views from both balconies. My room was 2 doors down with lovely sea views. I agree the cafe for all inclusive looked like a school canteen but we just made the best of it. Although the food wasn't great we always managed to find something to eat. My main problem was that my parents both have walking difficulties and I didn't realise there were so many steps or that to get for a drink or meal you had to negotiate lots of steps. Our Airtours rep was fantastic and asked if they could open one of the other bars but I'm afraid the request fell on deaf ears. My parents didn't really get the benefit of all inclusive as it was too much for them to use the steps so I borrowed a kettle from reception and bought tea, milk, bottled water and biscuits so that they could at least have some tea when I wasn't there to get them drinks. I don't know if it's because we were there earlier in the season but we never had to drink out of plastic cups. The hotel is well situated at the beach (accessed via stairs) and you can walk to the old town along the beach and is located within walking distance of the strip, although I preferred the old town myself. There were a lot of golfers and 2 hen parties staying at the hotel the week I was there but there weren't any problems. The maid cleaned our rooms every day and we had clean towels and sheets when required. It's a lovely hotel with great views but definately not for people with walking difficulties or heart conditions. Sorry it took so long to send this review but I'm not long back from a cruise which I booked up when in Portugal!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Durham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

We decided last minute to book this holiday all inclusive and what a good decision we made. The hotel itself was clean and very plesant apart from the strange disinfectant smell in the reception/bar area. The pool area and poolside restaurant was fab- the all incusive deal was exceptional. The food was great with a good choice every day and dinner on an evening was always nicely presented and replenished, even if you went down to dinner late as we usually did.
The hotel is about a 10 minute walk to the main bars and shops and you can walk along the beach to the old village which again has many shops and bars.
Our room was clean and functional and as we had a corner bedroom we had an enormous balcony which over-looked the pool and the sea.
We have already booked to return next March which is unusual for us as we like to try different places.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Auramar Beach Resort? Share your experiences!