We have just returned from our 5th family holiday at this resort - which I guess means we think it is quite good! It really is a fantastic location, a wonderful feeling of space - the resort is huge and exceptionally well laid out - it feels like the natural landscape rather than a resort. The planting and flowers are stunning, everywhere, which makes it feel quite tropical. We stay in the Residence suites - really very high standard of accommodation, and doesn't seem to have aged in the 6 years we have been going. In previous years we have felt the food was good, but not great in the restaurants, but this year we stumbled upon a wonderful surprise - lunch!! We decided to eat out at lunch, in the O Grill, and cook dinner in our very well equipped apartment (great supermarket just outside hotel gates). Lunch was absolutely fabulous every day, the highlight of our holiday.
Pine Cliffs looses one star for me for 3 reasons.
1. The beach. What used to be a beautiful beach has now been completely ruined by some weird man-made building up of the sand - really ugly, really impractical.
2. I think it's supposed to be 5 star - but really in terms of service - no way. When you arrive there is not even a bottle of water in your apartment, and as for asking for a late check out, forget it. We asked for a late check out,we were fobbed off for 3 days of asking and then refused one. Given that we are regular customers I thought this was pretty poor. And housekeeping is only once daily - for us at 9.30am. When we were still having breakfast and asked for another half hour, they didn't clean the room till 5pm.
3. They really MUST do something about weird competitive guests putting towels on the pool loungers to reserve them and then leaving for most of the day - very unfair for the more reasonable guests. A continuing problem they have not addressed.
Apart from these issues I would highly recommend this resort, especially for families, it is really a very beautiful place and we will look forward to returning next year.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Pine Cliffs Suites Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Pine Cliffs Vacation Club Hotel Albufeira
- Sheraton Albufeira
- Albufeira Sheraton
- Pine Cliffs Suites Residence Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve