“Very good but not as good as first time we went.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood, Portuguese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Very good but not as good as first time we went.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We booked for a big group of us(11) and they couldn't cope. It was much nicer when we went previously and they were less of us. I think they should give everybody 5 fish as we were an odd number so 1 of our group could only have 3! I think they could do with a waitress and that would make a big difference. I'm sure we will go again, but when we went in May we said we would def. return, where this time it is a probably return.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Gloucester
“A little disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We booked this restaurant when it was No. 1 on here. The only way I could book was to text them on the number provided here - requests by email and facebook were ignored.

I booked as my husband is a fish lover and would have loved the 5 types of fish. However when we got there as it was only him having the fish he was only offered 3 - squid, salmon and then a choice of bream or bass. I was a little disappointed as everywhere had mentioned 5 for 12.50. When asking what the meat options were for me and my daughter I was told they had chicken. We therefore had the chicken breast and it was cooked nicely if a little over seasoned, I would have liked a beef choice as well. No reduction in price was given for my 9 year old.

The only side dish options are the tomato dish and the potatoes which I was aware of and they were lovely. You could have as much of these as you liked.

All in all my husband loved the fish he was given but I was a little disappointed after reading such great reviews - maybe this is why it has now slipped down to No. 22.

I am glad we visited but will not hurry to visit again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Home cooking!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant was recommended to me by a gent that sat next to me on the plane on the flight over to Portugal. What he had described was exactly what we got we were not disappointed. A small little place on the end of a row of buildings, with tables and chairs out on the pavement run by a young protégés lad and his sister, they can only be described as lovely people almost humble in many way's. there are no menu's or wine list's when we asked for them the young owner said I am the menu and I am the wine list. We paid 12:50 Euro's for a fixed menu, this consisted of home made crab pâté to start with bread and crackers, then a platter of squid and Salmon steak, and then sea bream, then mackerel, all accompanied with new potatoes and herb tomatoes, which every time we emptied a bowl it was refilled. We had a fantastic evening, liked it so much we took friends there before the end of our holiday. This is not gourmet cooking! This is basic Portuguese cooking we loved it.

Visited August 2013
“Fish Heaven.......”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I love the fact that these guys have a menu of only 4 things: 1. Fish 2. Loads of Fish 3. Steak 4. Chicken.

Have loads of Fish - 5 courses of fish of the day, simply prepared (grilled squid, salmon, sea bass, mackerel, sea bream) all for EUR12.50 - we fed 5 with a bottle of wine for EUR80 !

You have to book - it's small and is very popular but is a must if in Albufeira.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Auckland
“In Seafood Heaven!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We had such a beautiful dinner here. The food was all cooked perfectly. And there was so much gorgeous food to be had! There was a huge selection of fish and unlimited sides. It was a great deal! We also indulged in dessert which was really authentic and tasted amazing! A great Authentic Portuguese Seafood restaurant!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere