“BRILLIANT PLACE” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“BRILLIANT PLACE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

We stayed round the corner at ouratlantico appartments and during our weeks stay we used the invictus every day for a beer and we eat there 3 times of an evening food absolurlety fantastic ****** plus and the service was great were going back to portugal in oct same place and look forward to visiting the invictus bar see you all soon sarah and the staff ps if you like the fball you can even watch that there including bt sports

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Couldn't ask for more.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I visit Albufeira a few times a year and Invictus is, without a doubt, the place I simply must visit each time. Friendly staff, a sun trap balcony (one of the only bars in the new town to get the sun all day) and lovely food- whether it's just a tasty snack or evening dinner. Well worth a visit!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Driffield
“Excellent Specials Menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Ate here twice in the week we were on holiday. Value for money couldn't be beaten, 2 courses and a drink for €12.20 per person.Quality of food was very good and staff are brilliant. Afterwards you can drink in the bar and watch a range of sports on the many tv's

Visited April 2014
London, United Kingdom
“INVICTUS Albuferia: If You're Not Wanting To Be Robbed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Ok....let be crystal clear, this complaint is not, I repeat not about one or two euros.

Strictly principle.

Anyway, myself & my partner have stayed at the same hotel five times before. We love Portugal with a capital L. Each time we visit Invictus. Probably in total, we have dined there 20+ times.

Supposedly' always friendly. Nice food. Free wifi ect.

However, on our most recent visit [10.03.2014] I was suffering with a bit of a chill, so didn't want to eat a full on mega dinner. Just a couple of coffees & some bread and butter.

Coffee price:1.50€ = 3€
Bread & butter: 1€

By my superlative mathematical skills, I make that 4€.

Anyway, I asked for the bill after half an hour & was told 6.60€

I asked why and was told it was becuase my partner asked for 'extra butter'.

I politely explained that on our other numerous visits, NEVER had they done that before.

The manager told me, that the bread & butter was 4€ as we "asked for two portions" (something I categorically promise I did not do) and of course the extra butter- so add that to the 3€ for the coffees & I make that 7€, not 6.60€.

So basically, this is a huge WARNING to anyone who visits INVICTUS, because something one does not expect, is to be robbed & stolen from by restaurant owners.

The clientele in January, February. & March tends to be older ladies and gentleman & with the greatest of respects to those people, they may not check their bills thoroughly as I do.

Again, you do not expect restaurants to steal from their customers, so just be extremely careful of these charlatans if visiting INVICTUS anytime in the future.

Nb* Just to add, my partner believes this happened because we didn't eat a large dinner as we normally have. But as I said to her, for the sake of a few poxy euros, they have now lost our custom, which for a week, would easily have topped 100€.

So apart from thieving, the owner has been particularly silly.

Thanks.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ashford, United Kingdom
“over rated and pretentious”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Last year dropped infor late night drinks, were persuaded to book for valentines, huge disappointment, however gave them a second chance this year, what a mistake. Ordered drinks and toasted sandwiches but they were awful, when we complained were told that's how we make them if you don't like it tough . so we paid for the drinks and left as we were not prepared to pay forIinedible sandwiches

• Visited February 2014