Livingroom
3 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms, Sleeps 7

Reviews from our community

Reviews from our community

Mathewdal...
“A place to relax in beautiful surroundings where the only thing you hear are the birds in the trees.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012 for a stay in July 2012

Casa velha is set in a larges area of gardens and trees along with casa nova and casa joinal, they are all far apart from each other so there is complete privacy around the villa and the freedom to walk around the beautiful grounds. Our children loved the pool and we found it hard to get them to leave the villa to go for days out. Inside is comfortable and spacious however the kitchen is small. It has a great BBQ area which we used all the time. The gardener/pool guy. Was there every week day and he was very helpful if we had any problems. It's only a pleasant 15 min walk to the supermarket and about 25min walk to the beach with kids. Different restaurants Cater for everyone's taste.you can get a taxi for about 5 euros to albufeira. Silvana who is the owner arranged for days out if we let her know what we wanted to do. And a big positive is that free airport transfers were included, airport 40mins away. Altogether another relaxing holiday here and one where we knew our 5 year old daughter was completely safe to walk the gardens and play in huge private gardens. Thank you Silvana we will see you again soon.

5 of 5 stars Value 4 of 5 stars Rooms
4 of 5 stars Location 4 of 5 stars Cleanliness
5 of 5 stars Service
Interested in this property?
Make Inquiry
Vicky38
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Delightful location and gardens, villa basic”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011 for a stay in July 2011
people found this review helpful

The location is superb, as are the gardens of this villa. Perhaps that is what makes the actual villa itself- disappointing.Its's the attention to detail that I felt was missing. No welcome pack, having to shop immediately for toilet paper,washing up liquiid and salt. The villa interior appears 'tired'- and it takes a week to finally master the dated controls to take a tepid shower.The pillows are very uncomfortable, and I had to purchase a hair dryer despite the ad stating it was provided.I understand that you can contact the owner should anything be amiss, but I didn't want to spend my holiday complaining. The internet access which I needed was via dongle and ran out after 2 days. The owner assured me that it would be topped up-alas it wasn't. Outside lights-only 2 (essential) worked, and I was disappointed the pool lights also didn't work.(Would have loved a midnight swim).Windows needed a clean, and I could have knitted a jumper with the cobwebs underneath the dining chairs. Alas, I've hired better villas in the Algarve than this.

3 of 5 stars Value 2 of 5 stars Rooms
4 of 5 stars Location 1 of 5 stars Cleanliness
2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk 3 of 5 stars Service
Traveling group: Family with Teenagers
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
Young singles Rugged travelers
Interested in this property?
Make Inquiry
Check in
Check out
Guests
from
$1,080
/ Week
Request to Book
Or, send the owner a message
Send Message
this property has payment protection
Owner
Response Time: Within a day
Calendar Updated: 171 days ago
Peace of Mind Protection
Learn more
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Listing is Free!
Protect your privacy
Get more exposure
Set up your free listing