“One of the greatest dinning experiences in Albufeira!” 5 of 5 stars

289 513 460
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 577 Restaurants in Albufeira
Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
theseriojca
“One of the greatest dinning experiences in Albufeira!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed our dinner there, despite what was said earlier about slower service, received our food in a timely manner, even thou there was only one guy attending to the service! The Black Pork was to die for, especially since it does not come all covered in sauce like in other places that are most likely trying to cover something up by using too much of it. The sardine starter was a crispy traditional Portuguese treat, and the wine was lovely. The server (I suspect it was the owner as well) was very nice and friendly, entertained us with a few good old Albufeira stories. Vegetarians will probably struggle there, but there are always salads n cheese n all for them. Would definitely recommend to anyone, and would definitely go there again!

York, England, United Kingdom
“Disappointing and salty!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I read the reviews for this place whilst on holiday and was looking forward to visiting. We went early so as not to get caught up in a long wait as other reviews have mentioned.We were given a warm welcome and ordered the covert starter of homemade pate,olives and bread which was delicious. I ordered the black pig fillet and my partner had the fillet steak. He found it to be a bit chewy and i found my pork to be stringy,salty and disappointingly small with a lack of vegetables. wont be rushing back. Bit pricey too in the end!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
sunderland uk
“cozy and friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

after reading reviews I wanted to visit this restaurant. The atmosphere and food were brilliant. We had sea bream,sea bass, and filet steaks, all were superb. The proprietor even supplied us with reading glasses when three of us forgot ours. The first night we went it was tuesday and quite quiet. Service was great. We booked for the Following Friday to ensure a table. Service was a litte slower but as we were in no hurry we didn't mind one bit. They had to turn away several people as it was so busy. Food again was great. I loved this restaurant. If you read this (the owner) the party that had one silly woman who thought the fish had two heads Ha Ha

Donegal, Ireland
“Vegetarians not welcome here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I had read the glowing reviews on Tripadvisor so my husband and I decided to dine here the night before our wedding anniversary. We agreed that if we enjoyed the experience we would return the following evening to celebrate our anniversary. We walked in and there were about 8 other diners. We were shown to our seats by the owner. I noticed upon sitting down that the seats were not comfortable (little did I know that I wouldn't be spending very long sitting there anyway). We read over the menus, I am a Vegetarian, my husband is not. The owner came to take our drinks order and I asked him was there anything suitable for Vegetarians (as I hadn't noticed anything suitable on the menu). He shook his head and said "no". Therefore, we had to get up and leave. Every other restaurant in Albufeira made the effort for Vegetarians, how difficult is it to prepare a dish minus the meat? Every place else when I asked for a Vegetarian option the waiter would be obliging and say "what would you like, I will ask the Chef to do his best for you and make something special". I found all the other restaurants very obliging and helpful but not this one! Very disappointed and will not return.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We decided to visit this restaurant after reading reviews in the visitor book at the Town House we were staying at.It did not disappoint - the food was excellent so much so we went back 2 days later. I experienced the best fillet steak I have ever tasted and my husband loved the golden sea bream on our initial visit. On our second visit we both enjoyed the steak and finished with a delightful strawberry cheesecake. The owner was very friendly and made us very welcome. There was a lovely atmosphere and the restaurant did not have that touristy feeling.