“dont go full board food is poor” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Eden Resort

You added Eden Resort to your Saves list
Eden Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Loteamente da Quinto da Bolota | Lote 2, Vale de Santa Maria, Albufeira 8200-053, Portugal   |
Ranked #75 of 162 Hotels in Albufeira
Cheadle, United Kingdom
“dont go full board food is poor”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

location ok you can walk 15mins to the old town the studio we stayed in was not too clean dust etc as xmas and new year clean towels and loo paper with the cleaning happened randomly
I wouldn't go back

Room Tip: adequate apartments but would not go back here we had a apartment which faced over the a road looked...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (567)
  • Polish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Went there with my husband and daughter 3 and another family with a 4 year old daughter. We both had one bed apartments and they were very bright and spacious with posh fittings including a dishwasher. there was a separate lounge with dining area, balcony with outdoor furniture, big kitchen with ironing board and iron as well

However, thats when it ended. Unless you only want to sit by the pool or stay in your acco there is nothing else to do there. We were in a way missold the accomodation by 'On the beach' regarding the facilities which were just not there.

This is some of the items in the description which were far from reality!!

1) The choice of food is rubbish, nothing much for vegetarians. Not worth 4* at all. There is no 'a la carte experience' and nor is there is there a variety of food with local and international flavours. Breakfast is exactly the same every day just plain English breakfast with no local flavours. Dinner was about 4-5 hot dishes which always had some pasta with some tomato sauce and chips, salad was more or less same too any variety in it would end up having meat in it, leaving little choice to vegetarians. Apparently the management chnaged while we were there so they might make some improvements from now on

2) Also, it is quite secluded from the main town so all the more reason to have some family entertainment in the evening but there was none and infact there is no place to have one either.

3) It also says that it is disabled friendly and thats incorrect too. There is no help for people to take their luggage to their apartments which could be located atleast 5-10 minutes up/down the hill. Guests are expected to lug their belongings themselves and i am not sure how disabled people would be able to do this

4) There is no 'filled-up fridge' as marketed by this site.

6) Again their write up says that there was air conditioning in public areas but there was none in kids louge, reception or restaurant. It was sweltering hot.

7) In brief, dont go by the description of the facilities of Eden Resort. It is just good if you only want to stay there and are not too worried about other facilities or entertainment or food. If only they would concentrate on the facilities and the food a bit more, it would be good.

Guess it is a vicious circle in a way. I met some staff who did some day time activities but he said that he has tried to get people participate in the activitiies but there are no takers. And since there are no takers, guess, they dont push these too much

Room Tip: Apartments are good, we had 98 and 105 and they were both spacious and clean with lounge/ diner, ful...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Exeter, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

If you look at a lot of the reviews here for many months here there appears many similar comments saying how nice and spacious the accommodation is but how it is spoilt by the lack of cleaning in the rooms, poor food, lack of available sunbeds and entertainment and general poor management. I am amazed after these same repeated comments that management still have not addressed these issues. I visited myself in June this year with my family on a self catering basis in a 2 bedroom townhouse. The townhouse was lovely and spacious and appeared built to a high specification but the place was spoilt due to dirty floors throughout which they were not cleaned at all properly if at all during our stay. There was no kettle on arrival and toilet rolls also ran out regularly and we had to ask reception for more. Sunbeds were also never available by the pools. Pools though quite small were however adequate and flowered gardens were lovely. Whilst we generally enjoyed our stay I think it is a terrible shame that such basics like the cleaning cannot be sorted out by the staff because the resort has the potential to be very good and to get far better starred reviews.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dundalk, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Went there with my husband and 3 children aged 11, 8 and 4. Complex itself is lovely and spacious. We had a two bedroom townhouse with 2 bathrooms so had loads of room. Private back garden was great.
It appears the complex was never set up for this purpose. Food was ok, courtesy shuttle great but unless you could find a sunbed to sunbathe, there was nothing to do. Kids did enjoy the wonderful pools and we spent some time away as we went to zoo marine which was great and two of the waterparks. We had a great week but don't think we will go back. The place is great but there is no real effort put into anything as it feels like it is just a stop gap until holiday property market picks up again. I think it can only become run down as the years go on.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Belfast, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Stayed here with family of five lovely location on arrival at 10.30 am we didn't get our apartment until 3.30 but we were upgraded to a villa so nice start. On our fourth day we still hadn't seen a cleaner and had to go to reception to get fresh towels . Villa didn't have small essentials such as a floor brush or kettle. Only got beds changed once during our ten night stay so housekeeping and cleaning very poor. On my stay I noticed that the pools were not cleaned daily and by a week into our stay the tiles on pool had green algae growing on them . On last day of holiday I found a strange creature living in the pool water really unacceptable. I informed the manager and produced the creature to him and he told me pools cleaned daily! not ion my time there! the board informing you of the pools ph level and chlorine content didn't add up correctly!!! Such a beautiful place but lacking good management and inadequate staff! Such a shame that these things are destroying what could be a really excellent four star accommodation. I did feel sorry for reception staff who were at the firing line from all the disgruntled holiday makers and they were trying to do their best with the limited resources they had. All in all we enjoyed our holiday but I wouldn't rush back to eden until they sort their staffing out and cleaners.

Room Tip: All rooms good enough if they were cleaned and maintained
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Livingston, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Just back from a week in the Eden Resort. I usually wouldn't bother but wanted other people to think twice before booking this. It's not 4*....not even close! We went all inclusive for the first time ever and will never do it again because of this experience.
1. Rude, unhelpful staff on first day. Room wasn't ready and had to wait for 3 hours to get booked in. Given a map and told, this is where your apartment is. This is reception, pool area. enjoy your stay and that was it.
2. Cheap food with very little choices each night. Breakfast - only had once in our whole week stay and lunch was very disappointing.
3. Given fresh towels once and they had holes in them.
4. Cleaners only made the bed and emptied the bins. When you have a shower and walk around you leave dirty footprints as the floors are so dirty.
5. Although accommodation seemed nice the furniture was very dirty and in need of cleaning.
6. Adult pool was over-run with children and you could not get sun beds as families put towels on them for the kids who never sat on them. This is not an adult pool.
7. Evening bar was laughable. Bored unhelpful staff and drinks were warm, even with ice in them. Asked for a cocktail and was handed a drink in a glass. Asked what it was and was told 'cocktail of the day' which was basically a very a little bit of alcohol with some juice added, some ice and that's it. No extras just basic. No atmosphere and really needs to be a given an injection of something it is is going to stay open.
8. All inclusive was not all inclusive, had to pay for food at pool bar between certain times and ice cream, crisps, slurpees were not free and very expensive.
9. One night during our "meal", I mentioned to my husband that I had already killed two ants running across the table. I watched where they were coming from and the whole leg of the table and along where my plate was was swarming with ants.......legged it and left the food on the table for the ants.
10. Wine during meals was warm and the staff treated you like you were greedy if you went back for a refill.
11. Went to book out at 0730 on the last day and as we approached the reception, we were the only ones about. The guy who was on duty got up and walked out as we walked on the other door.
I stood for about 10 minutes before having to go and look for him to ask that he book us out which consisted of.....room number?, can I have your room passes/keys?, okay, that's you. I had to ask if he would book me a taxi which he nodded he would and I walked away. Worst treatment of staff I have ever experienced on holiday.
Would I recommend this to anyone, NO! Biggest waste of money and should only be 2* at best.
Needs the Management to address their staff, cleanliness and inject some money into the resort. Very disappointed with the overall experience.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
suffolk
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

A party of 8 of us stayed at Eden in June. On arrival check in was quick and with a point of a finger we were directed to our room. We were over the moon when we entered our 2 bed apartment and that Im afraid is as good as it gets. This resort should not be 4*, housekeeping was atrocious they only came twice in 10 days and emptied the bins, we had to go to reception to get toilet rolls and to get clean towels after 6 days as they had not been changed, on one occasion I was mopping the floor when the cleaner came at 5pm as everytime you got out of the bath your feet were filthy again! When we opened up the sofa bed for my daughter to sleep on I have never seen such filth, used tissues, crisp packet and dirt greeted us. The toilets at the resort hardly ever had soap and were often dirty, the toilet outside the restaurant never had soap and this is a recipe for disaster with people going from toilet straight into restaurant.
We are a well travelled family and have stayed in many all inclusive resorts, were not fussy but do expect a clean environment, good food and friendly service but nope we got none of these. I read bad reviews before our stay and thought to myself why do people moan so much as I stayed in a last minute 3* AI cheapy hotel in spain last year and it had bad reviews even though we found it to be great for what we paid. Unfortunately Eden wasnt cheap and it was well below a 4* standard not even a 2* for the all inclusive.
There were no more than 10 trays of food! 5 were salad items and the others were meat, fish, chips/potatoes and rice, desert was 1 selection of cake and when it ran out I asked for some more and was handed a small still frozen piece from out the back. There was melon and pineapple and sometimes a moose. Coffee machine hardly ever worked, there was a bread table in the middle of the 'dining room' with rolls and a basket with cold fishfingers/squid bites and that was the extent of your evening meal, breakfast and lunch were even worse. Pool bar didnt open until 11am so if you wanted a drink before you had to buy one at the shop and then if you wanted an all inc snack which were only served between 11-12 you had to start queuing if you didnt get there in that time you had to pay, the same between 4-5 pm start queuing if you were hungry. All in all it was not worth paying almost £2000 extra for the all inclusive, weve never had to spend so much money on a holiday as we had to go to old town to eat something decent.
The bar at night was a miserable place so small, no atmosphere, grumpy staff and dirty glasses, we knew when we booked that it was going to be a fairly quite place which was fine but in 10 days the only entertainment we saw was a parrot show at 10.30pm one night.
I went to reception on numerous occasions asking to speak to the manager but he was never there the whole of our stay!!!
I hope management read this as the grounds and rooms were lovely but it is run on a budget with not enough staff and I sincerely think it should become a self catering resort as they are just not geared up to cope with all inclusive. I feel sad that this hotel is being sold as 4 and even 5* in some brochures as we all look forward to our yearly holiday but this is the biggest let down weve ever had and couldnt wait to get home. DO NOT GO ALL INCLUSIVE!

Room Tip: Any room is good as long as it is cleaned
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Eden Resort? Share your experiences!