We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights at the end of September and had the loveliest time. In fact, we didn't want to leave.
The hotel is very pretty with an almost paradise like setting. Our room was garden facing but we could still see the sea from the balcony. The garden is lovely and green with lots of trees making the whole feel of the hotel very tropical as well as private.
The circular pools are fantastic. There are 9 in total in clusters of 3. In the evenings they are lit up in different colours which was nice to see. Very different to the average and boring rectangular blue pools.
Breakfast - There is a huge variety from fruits, pastries, cereals to hot breakfasts. Champagne is also included which I thought was very generous for the price we paid.
Service - Everyone was very friendly and approachable. Nothing was too much trouble. There was no pressure to give any tips although we did as the service deserved it.
The beach is a stones through away and is beautiful. It’s a great stretch of the Algarve. About 15 minutes’ walk along the beach in either direction brings you to a few sea-facing restaurants. They are gorgeous and great value for money. They are not connected to the hotel but I would recommend the restaurant called Ol Salgados which specialise in fresh sea food. We heard about a number of nice restaurants in the town of Gale so there is a lot to choose from.
The hotel is currently being extended (was not disrupting to our stay at all) and I understand that there will be a number of restaurants opening in the next few months. We are very much looking forward to going back in the future once complete.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located right on the dunes of Salgados Beach, your holiday suites enjoy a fantastic tropical atmosphere, surrounded by extensive palm tree gardens. And it's precisely among the palm trees, with the sea in the horizon that you will be able to enjoy all the facilities the resort has to offer. Among others, you will find the 9 swimming pools, with direct access to the beach. Relax and enjoy the cuisine of Bossa Nova Restaurant, as well the cocktails at the Jazz Lobby Bar, fit for those cheerful nights spent with friends. When walking the short distance that separates the hotel from the beach, make the most of the wooden pathway, which can take you all the way into the nature reserve. For children, the Kids Club features a range of entertainment activities to assure your little ones have a fun filled time. This oasis is equipped with everything you need to enjoy your holiday with the utmost well-being. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Venere, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Salgados Dunas Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cs Salgados Dunas Hotel Albufeira
- Salgados Dunas Suites Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve