“Absolutely Marvelous Lunch” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Sydney, Australia
“Absolutely Marvelous Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

We had booked here for lunch before we arrived Portugal as we saw great reviews of this place.
The setting was perfect, outdoor under the Veranda overlooking the Atlantic with some sparkling mineral water and Rose Champagne was served and it was the perfect start.
The only blemish was the landscaping in front of the dining area which obscure some of the views of the Atlantic.
We had the set lunch and every course including the chef's compliment were perfect, very creatively served and equally delicious.
Service was exquisite and as good as it gets.
We asked the waiter at the start if we can book for dinner as well and he says there is no need for dinner after lunch, and we can see why at the end of the meal.
We were very satisfied and well worth the drive from our resort which is about an hour away.

• Visited September 2013

Cork, Ireland
“Unbelievable!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

First visit to a Michelin star restaurant and I was not disappointed. Every thing was spectacular. The setting it self was perfect with a wonderful table looking out at the Atlantic. The Staff were extremely professional and friendly which made the experience even more enjoyable. We opted for the tasting menu and it was out of this world. Some of the surprises served between and before the listed meals were as good if not better than the listed courses. Would recommend this place to anyone.

• Visited August 2013
Skagen, Denmark
“World Class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I did invite my girlfriend to Vila Joya for lunch at her birthday. Fantastic seating, with the view and sound from the ocean. Top proff waiters and sommelier. Exciting menues with some "out of this world" combinations of the food. A lot of surprices are served before the menu. Superb Portugies wines (unknow for me) served i special glasses. For me the relaxed atmosphere was the best ever experienced at top michelin restaurants.

• Visited September 2013
London
“An Incredible Setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Went for lunch on a beautiful sunny day in October - the whole experience was just magic. We got there early having driven 45 mins from The Eastern Algarve. We were told to pick any table we liked.

The service was very polished and professional throughout.

They serve Warsteiner as many of the guests are German - a great beer to serve as an aperitif (and please don't get all sniffy about this - it's very common in Japan to do this).

The sheer quality and variety of the amuse-bouche's was staggering - simply the best ones I've ever tasted. I was also very impressed that as my wife is expecting a baby, her's were slightly different (no caviar, no raw seafood and where my quails egg was runny - her's was hard boiled) - I was touched at the care and consideration.

I took the wine flight, which I recommend. They are very generous on the top-ups as well and I can inform everyone that I left the table rather drunk after this lunch - nice work if you can get it. Especially as the hotel allowed me to walk down to the small beach below the hotel to sleep it off! Top marks for hospitality.

We took the tasting menu with 4 courses (plus the aformentioned avalanche of surprises).

The combination of cuisine, copious amounts of fine wine and the splended Atlantic views mean this is a meal I won't forget in a hurry.

Worth it.

• Visited October 2013
“Amazing Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Visited here for a surprise birthday meal and the whole evening was amazing.
So what is supposed to be a 6 ccourse meal, turns out to be about 14 courses with all the chef's specials.
And every course was delicious
The views are something else....
The staff cannot do anymore for you
would certainly recommend and go back if I get the chance

• Visited August 2013