“Early Bird Special” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Scotland
“Early Bird Special”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Ate in this restaurant three times during a stay in Albufeira and every time could not fault the meal, staff were attentive and place was absolutely spotless. Definately recommend the chicken stroganoff and steak on the slab was magnificent. Not expensive as 8 of us ate here which cost 200€ which included starters, steaks, bottles of wine, beer etc.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

west midlands
“Better places to spend your money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

We eat out every meal and like to try different places .I can say it is best to give this a wide berth.as there is better places to spend your money.whilst it looks good just by the square the food is only average. Go if it is the only option.as there is better within the square.prices are on par with most places. .limited places to eat in november. As a lot are shut.shame as the square is nice .then a little stroll onto the beach through the tunnel.

Conwy
“Should be shut down.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

As with other reviewers comments we were told that we would get a special family 10% discount.

Went here on 03/11/2013 with my partner our teenage daughter and 2 friends(one of which is a manager of a city centre restaurant in UK). We were sat under a large screen tv showing football. We moved to another table where we were asked if we would like bread on the table for 2 euro.

Reasonable selection of local wine that went down well with the tapas starter shared for 10 euro. One of group had the ribs, another had the fillet on the stone and my daughter had the american burger. All dishes were tasty and the novelty of the stone cooked fillet went down well.

Myself and my partner by this time were really looking forward to our ordered steak fillet with peppercorn sauce and when it arrived we noticed immedietley that the cut of meat did not resemble the fillet they had served on the hot stone, more like a rump steak. The fact that the other mebers of our party seemed to be enjoying their food we decided to not make any fuss and give the steaks ago, despite not being fillets as ordered. We had requested "medium to well", however, once I had got passed the peppercorn sauce and hacked my way through my steak it was apparent that it was extremely dry and well over-cooked. My partners steak was almost as bad and offered to swap hers with mine as she could tolerate it being "cremated".

The waiter finally came over and agreed that the steak was over cooked and would get a replacement immediatley, again not to make a fuss I did not dwell on the point that these were not fillet steaks as ordered.15 minutes later with the original plate still left in front of me and all the other members of my table having finished their food, there was still no sign of my replacement meal.

Having to leave the table to enquire where my meal was I was informed it would be a few more minutes, I told them to forget it and bring the bill.

A further 10 minutes later we were still waiting for the bill and were asked if we would like deserts! Eventually when the bill came they had charged us for both steak meals ( One of which was never touched), 5 euro for the bread (told at the table - 2 euro) and no 10% discount as agreed. Only for the fact that I left my seat again and literally got hold of the original waiter who had promised the discount did the manager get involved.

The manager confirmed that there had been a mistake and would have the bill recalculated.

At this point we just wanted to get out of this place and still ended up paying over the odds.

The place should be closed down as it gives Albufeira a bad name. There are plenty of much better places to eat. It is obvious that they deliberatley attempt to rip people off with the promise of discounts, birthday cakes and lower cuts of meat advertised as "fillet"

Do yourself a favour, don't chance getting rippped off, go to any other place to eat and enjoy your holiday.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Service is non existent ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Been here this evening for the early bird special, which, don't get me wrong is excellent value for money for the portion sizes and what's included however the service was non existent!!! We were offered a discount for coming in which was later denied when it came time to pay the bill, a friends promised birthday cake didn't arrive (another temptation to enter) and we were never asked if our food during our entire meal was any and never asked if we wanted any more drinks during the course of our stay! We had to find a waiter to ask for the bill and the waitress in there is also very grumpy! When we complained we got no apology for poor service, no discount and the grumpy waitress simply came and took our money!! Will not eat there again! Would have been so much nicer if they had actually been attentive/apologetic! Once inside they simply aren't interested in you even though it is out of season-would hate to see it in full swing here!!

London, United Kingdom
“Not great !”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Quite expensive for what we were given , the starters were tiny portions and the main was not much better, ok but nothing special. More importantly the service was awful, we were treated like an inconvenience !

• Visited October 2013